...ugh...sorry to vent but I have to do it...I'm in such a pissy mood and am so disappointed in myself and my son.
Let's start the story off by saying that Ryan is out of town...left early Monday morning and will return late on Wednesday night...leaving again on Friday morning and not returning until later Sunday. Hagen will be attending my holiday party for work (kids are invited) for the second year without my husband. It's OK, but I'm wondering if they think I am really married. I will then be going to another holiday party on Sunday with Hagen and without my husband. I wasn't bitter...after tonight I am VERY.BITTER.
I picked Hagen up from school. The teacher said that he had a great day, took a good nap, and was a good boy. Well, glad he was at school because I swear my kid is still there and I instead picked up Damian...no lie.
We get home and it was melt down before we even got out of the car. It was because he wanted muffins for a snack and I said it was too close to dinner so he could choose between and apple, orange, or raisins. He was not having it. He finally wanted an orange (those little cutie oranges).
I f'ed up and peeled the damn thing for him...he wants to do everything by himself nowadays...bad move on my part. He was livid...He picked out another and was pissed again because it would peel right. He was flipping around on the kitchen floor and I grabbed him pretty quickly and put him in my room...in the dark...we call it the crying/whining room. He was in there for 30 minutes SCREAMING! I went in there and told him it was time to settle down. He was trying to talk and couldn't catch his breath. We sat there for awhile. I was counting to 10...really it was about a million.
We were planning on meeting my Sister In Law and nephew for dinner...she was also a single mom tonight. I called her and said it would be over my dead body if I were to take him out in public. Plus he said he didn't want to go on a date so that was that.
Enter meltdown 2: He decided he DID want to go on a date. Fat chance my little pistol...that ship has sailed and you are eating frozen dinosaur chicken nuggets or meatballs...again, your choice.
We finally sat down to eat (with a damn apple) and I asked him why he is acting so naughty tonight. Poor baby said he misses Daddy. I wonder if it is because I was probably the meanest I have ever been to him...
I hate nights like this. I honestly felt so out of control. I had to count to myself SEVERAL times to calm down. He really doesn't melt down like this but when he does it is terrible.
At one time I was taking him to potty. I helped him take his pants off and saw his bare white butt and just wanted to spank it so bad...I refrained...ladies it was bad.
OK, I'm done...I want to say I feel better...but I really don't. Just want to go to bed.
Carrie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is called the terrible 2, 3, 4 etc. Every parent has felt this at times the good news is you handled it and Hagen survived. You are a wonderful Mom. Lov
ReplyDeleteWe ALL have days like this, and I honestly think kids can sense when we're tense and react to it. Anytime Ryan has ever been out of town, I have had a harder time with the boys. Hang in there because you're a great mommy!
ReplyDeleteP.S.
I had to laugh about wanting to spank that bare little butt because I feel like that with my teenager all the time now!
This too shall pass!
Oh Carrie! So sorry you had a rough night.
ReplyDeleteAlthough, if it's any consolation, you cracked me up throughout. "Fat chance my little pistol..."
I remember always being extra bad when my dad was out of town because I missed him and because I knew I could get away with more since my mom was on her own (I was an angel, clearly). Hang in there.
So sorry, Carrie. If this is the worst you've felt about your actions, I should be contacted by CPS for my tantrums. You're OK in my book.
ReplyDeleteCasey and CPS--Yeah right!!! So Sorry, Carrie. We have ALL been there and been to "that" point. The one where you could easily scream, throw, jump up and down. . .basically act like a toddler yourself. It is SO TOUGH when the husbands are gone--trust me--I KNOW!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so behind in catchin up, I'm just now reading this post. I hope he has been having better days, first of all! But it's true, they all act this way. Little boys SO take advantage of their mommies because they know they can; this will NOT change anytime soon. I look at T from time to time and thing WTF has happened, this isn't my kid. You are doing the right things though despite how bad it makes you feel!
ReplyDeleteI too remember crying for my daddy when he would be traveling because my mommy was a "meanie"!
Oh Lord. Been there and done that. Sometimes I just want to push a kid down or trip one of them when they are walking by.
ReplyDeleteThey can really send you over the edge can't they?