

I love Dapper. I really do! He is such a sweet dog and very well behaved for a big dog. He is about 85 pounds and is a Black Lab.
He sheds, he drips slobber, he snores, etc. But he has never chewed up any of Hagen's toys, never been on the couch, never been on any furniture, will stay put at the door until we say he can go, and listens well.
I am a nervous wreck when people come over to our house (especially with little kids) and Dapper is not put in a room. I'm afraid him licking the kiddo is going to gross out the parents. Dapper is a "space invader" also so I'm afraid people are going to be irritated by my dog. I get all uptight and usually am told to chill out because he is not bothering anyone.
BUT, Hagen has a love hate relationship with Dapper Doo also. Dapper is about the same height as Hagen so they are always face to face. Dapper's tail knocks him around all the time. Now when we get home from school, I use to have to hold Hagen so that Dapper wouldn't knock him down. Now, I go first and say "back up, back up, back up" over and over again to Dapper until we are all the way in the house.
Yesterday when we got home, Dapper was a WILD.DOG. He was running circles, ready for dinner, excited that Ryan came home the same time we did, etc. So while Dapper was running crazy he ran smack dab into Hagen..knocked him flat on the ground. My blood boiled...I could feel my heart beating almost out of my chest...Ryan saw my face turning purple and said, "Dapper out" and put him in the backyard while I could compose myself and help my banged up son. It pisses me off that he isn't more careful! He could have really hurt Hagen!
Dapper felt bad...you could tell the way he was holding his head low for the night, but he needs to...it's not safe!
This morning when I went to get Hagen up he almost knocked me over with his morning breath. When should he know how to gargle and brush his tongue? He NEEDS to be ready! Good Lord Almighty! He didn't want to go to school today and I asked him why. He said "Stone doesn't love me". What? Yes he does...you are his best friend. Poor baby is afraid his boyfriend doesn't love him. Put your big boy pants on and face the music little one...not everyone is going to be in love with you (I'm not sure why because you are as cute as can be) but to each his/her own.
Last night at dinner Hagen spit...not actual spit came out but made the spitting noise. I told him that was not appropriate and asked why he is spitting. He told me he had a spider in his mouth and he had to spit it out. What? Ryan looked at me all guilty. You see, my hubby dips. He said that Hagen caught him spitting in the yard and Hagen asked him what he was doing. Ryan told him he had a bug in his mouth and had to spit it out...like father like son...nice.
Later skaters,
Carrie
He sheds, he drips slobber, he snores, etc. But he has never chewed up any of Hagen's toys, never been on the couch, never been on any furniture, will stay put at the door until we say he can go, and listens well.
I am a nervous wreck when people come over to our house (especially with little kids) and Dapper is not put in a room. I'm afraid him licking the kiddo is going to gross out the parents. Dapper is a "space invader" also so I'm afraid people are going to be irritated by my dog. I get all uptight and usually am told to chill out because he is not bothering anyone.
BUT, Hagen has a love hate relationship with Dapper Doo also. Dapper is about the same height as Hagen so they are always face to face. Dapper's tail knocks him around all the time. Now when we get home from school, I use to have to hold Hagen so that Dapper wouldn't knock him down. Now, I go first and say "back up, back up, back up" over and over again to Dapper until we are all the way in the house.
Yesterday when we got home, Dapper was a WILD.DOG. He was running circles, ready for dinner, excited that Ryan came home the same time we did, etc. So while Dapper was running crazy he ran smack dab into Hagen..knocked him flat on the ground. My blood boiled...I could feel my heart beating almost out of my chest...Ryan saw my face turning purple and said, "Dapper out" and put him in the backyard while I could compose myself and help my banged up son. It pisses me off that he isn't more careful! He could have really hurt Hagen!
Dapper felt bad...you could tell the way he was holding his head low for the night, but he needs to...it's not safe!
This morning when I went to get Hagen up he almost knocked me over with his morning breath. When should he know how to gargle and brush his tongue? He NEEDS to be ready! Good Lord Almighty! He didn't want to go to school today and I asked him why. He said "Stone doesn't love me". What? Yes he does...you are his best friend. Poor baby is afraid his boyfriend doesn't love him. Put your big boy pants on and face the music little one...not everyone is going to be in love with you (I'm not sure why because you are as cute as can be) but to each his/her own.
Last night at dinner Hagen spit...not actual spit came out but made the spitting noise. I told him that was not appropriate and asked why he is spitting. He told me he had a spider in his mouth and he had to spit it out. What? Ryan looked at me all guilty. You see, my hubby dips. He said that Hagen caught him spitting in the yard and Hagen asked him what he was doing. Ryan told him he had a bug in his mouth and had to spit it out...like father like son...nice.
Later skaters,
Carrie
Love the dog photos! Buddy is a pest with house guests too.. jumps all over people and gets excited.
ReplyDeleteNice on the dipping... haha!
Spider!!!!!!! OMG. Ryan!
ReplyDeleteCute story.
Ahahahahaaaa....love the bug story. That is classic!
ReplyDeleteBe glad that ole Dapper likes Hagen. Our dog, Ranger hates Hudson and growls at him. He's a black lab too and has always been an inside dog......until we had Hudson. We keep thinking he'll warm up to him, but he doesn't want to have anything to do with him. Hudson, on the other hand LOVES Ranger. So sad.
I think I'm the opposite about our dog than you are. My child deserves most of what he gets from Jake (our lab). And there have been times when Jake has knocked my child flat..... this is normally after said child has taken Jake's toy or is being a pain in the butt by pulling/laying/annoying him after numerous attempts of Jake's to get him to stop. The only time I'm actually concerned if Lil Man is laying on the floor and Jake starts running around like a mad dog. Being stepped on my a 100 lb lab is not a good feeling. I honestly view it as two brothers fighting.... I let them have at it but keep an eye on the situation to keep it from getting out of control.
ReplyDeleteSPIDER! LOL!! Loved it!
I love labs. Poor Dapper.
ReplyDeleteSpider? Awesome.
Love the spider--awesome cover-up, Ryan! Carrie, Dapper is a good dog--seriously! Many of our neighbors have labs and most people LOVE them, stop worrying!
ReplyDeleteSweet looking doggie; be nice :)
ReplyDelete