Monday, January 4, 2010

My kid is a weirdo...

Hagen...you seem to shock us every now and again, but today you have really outdone yourself!

When I picked you up from school today I asked "how was your day? What did you do?" You answered with "nothing".

This is what you always say...but I know better. Ms. Wikita (his new teacher that I am not too sure about) said that he was quite the character today. At circle time today it was express yourself! It is when each child can go up in front of the class when their name is called and dance, sing, whatever they want!

My child had on a puma tracksuit and I debated this morning whether or not to put a t-shirt on underneath because he gets pretty hot. I decided not to...mistake.

It was Hagen's turn. So he gets up, unzips his jacket, takes it off and starts dancing. Hagen...they are going to think your Mama (or Daddy) is a stripper! I am the farthest thing from a stripper...no dance skills...if you see me dancing it means I have been drinking enough to kill an elephant.

Hagen's new favorite song is from the Old Navy commercial. It goes like this:
1..2..3..4..
Not gonna wear it anymore
I love my comfy sweater, I love my comfy sweater
How cute are these boots, how cute are these boots
Forget those pearly dresses, forget those pearly dresses
and talk to the boot!

Yes, my SON loves that song. Ryan and I like to think that he just likes the little girls dancing in it?! Maybe? Yes, that has to be it.

So if that doesn't make my son out to be a weirdo then how about this...he loves spinach salad! Ryan and I usually have a spinach salad with our dinner. Hagen has raw carrot sticks and ranch, Edamame, canned green beans, or something like that. But a few nights ago Hagen wanted some of Ryan's spinach. He ate most of it! Tonight I made Hagen his own salad in his own bowl. He loved it! He didn't love the cucumber that I snuck in it, but ate the majority of it. I think it is mainly the Lite Italian dressing on it. So proud.

2 more nite nites in his toddler bed and he will then be sleeping in his new twin bed! Ahh...can't wait...

One more thing...so sad...took off the childproof locks on our cabinets in the kitchen. We never really needed them as he rarely got in them if at all. We never had to put a baby gate on the stairs either! Wasn't interested.

Off to watch The Bachelor!!

Tata,
Carrie

8 comments:

  1. The Bachelor is painful already. Which means I love it.

    And, I love that your kiddo has some kooky tendencies. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha!! So funny about the striptease at school. Love it!!
    Um...can we talk about the emotional psycho Michelle from The Bachelor last night? Wow. She's pretty intense. Did she ever smile? I missed the end (TCU game) so I'm not sure who he chose to keep, but I saw clips and it looks like she's still around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MY DVR DIDN'T TAPE IT. I'm so pissed. Because it's not, The Bachelor, it's The Bachelor: On The Wings Of Love or some bullshit. So, yeah, I missed allllll the crazies. Hope there's a re-run.

    On another note, your son has a future in stripping and now his whole school is aware of it. Aren't you proud? :)
    And, I too LOVE that commercial! The girls do too. It's catchy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sass, my hubby caught that it wasn't recording so he got me all set up. I would have been PISSED too! You know next week the first 1/2 of the show will be rehashing what happened last night...always hate that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bram is a boogy dancer as well. It means they will be very agile on the football field. Just tell Ryan that!!

    And that is awesome he will eat spinach salad, what the hell?!! How do you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are going to laugh...just baby spinach leaves, I throw cucumber, green onion, and whatever veggie we have in there (last night we had sugar snap peas and carrots to it) and then we just use our favorite dressing. Ryan likes Lite italian, I like my homemade vinegrette with oil, vinegar, equal, and dill...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That a boy, Hagan. . . .show em what you're made of! He is simply expressing himself, Carrie. Tell Ryan not to worry. The Bachelor. . . .seriously? I am 34 and can't seem to stop watching this show--EVERY SINGLE SEASON! Love that Jake is a Texas gentleman--gotta love those Texas boys!!!!

    ReplyDelete