Last night I was telling Hagen I loved him so much. He responded, "I love you little much!" and then started laughing. Funny boy...trying to make jokes.
I swear every time that sweet baby says purple I just melt..."pur-pur"...so cute!
Today was a great day! We really didn't accomplish much, but just relaxing and Hagen was in a great mood!
Ryan has been wanting to build a garden for awhile, so Hagen and Ryan headed out to Home Depot and got wood and some stain. We are going to have it in a sand box kind of thing with weed barrier on the bottom. We will start small with some chives, tomatos, cilantro, and maybe some lettuce. We're excited!
Hagen and I did the weekly grocery trip and got some stuff for a few new crock pot recipes. With me working a bit more during the day it is nice to have dinner prepared when we get home.
Tonight we drank some beers while cooking steaks out! I threw some Chili/Lime corn on the cob onto the grill as well and it was SO.GOOD. I have never been a corn person...cream corn is the DEVIL, but I have come to like corn on the cob. I LOVE how Hagen says it..."Cwern"...sound it out.
Tonight while giving him a bath he looked up at me and said, "I'm so happy Mama". I said, "really, why are you so happy?" He said, "cuz you save my life". I have no idea what he is talking about, but it was just so sweet how he stopped playing and said he was so happy. Sweet baby.
We stopped putting lotion on him awhile ago, but recently noticed his skin being dry, so we started greasing him up again. I forgot how much I love the smell of Johnson's baby lotion...it is my crack...I can not get enough of it!
While Ryan was grilling out we had the back door open and Hagen was running in and out. I was sitting at the kitchen table reading a gossip magazine while tending to the baked beans on the stove and every time Hagen would come in he would lay his head in my lap and hug my leg. He is so lovey lately...love it!!
He is down for the night, Ryan and I are chilling on the couch...I'm about to make him change this channel he is watching...some war movie. Not in the mood.
Mom and Dad are in Puerto Rico and are leaving on a cruise in the morning. I'm so jealous! I can't wait to take a trip with just Ryan! I'm not sure when that is going to be. Would be nice to go to Playa Del Carmen where we honeymooned and just relax...hmmm...maybe sometime soon.
Tata,
Carrie
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pur-pur. . . .love it! Must share crock pot recipes after trying. The crock pot is my best friend. How about Hawaii in May? Not joking--we are going and it would be a BLAST to have another family. Just think how cute Ellery and Hagan would look playing in their little swimsuits. Think about it. . . .
ReplyDeleteI love nights like this! Cooking out and hanging with the fam. Nothing better!
ReplyDeleteTrey grew tomatoes and peppers last summer. They turned out great! We had an herb garden at our old house but haven't started one at the new casa yet. We need to do that!
You'll have so much fun with a garden! The family I nannied for had a big box in their backyard and grew so many yummys. Zucchini, lettuces, tomatoes, herbs. I loved being there and eating all their fresh stuff!
ReplyDeleteHagen sounds so sweet! Love "cwern" (I sounded it out).
Tony and I went to Playa Del Carmen a couple of years ago and LOVED it!