Hagen, you were such a good baby. You rarely cried, you were not demanding, you slept good, etc. Thank the lord you were because unknown to me I was suffering from Post Partum. I was embarrassed about it because we had tried for years to have a baby, did the drugs, shots, etc. to have you and then you were here and I was suffering. However, it was not really bad PPD. I do remember all of your baby days, I remember how much you were loved, how easy going you were/are, and I didn't dread any moment. I was just feeling different than I thought I would. One thing that was difficult to handle when I couldn't get pregnant was going to the mall. It was full of new Mom's with their beautifully dressed babies strolling around. It was torture for me...I couldn't take it. SO, once you were here we spent alot of time at the mall...most of the time not buying anything but just walking around feeling like I was finally in the club and I belonged. Stupid I know, but I also know that people out there that want to have a baby know what I am talking about...no matter if you have been trying for a month or years it is tough if it doesn't happen RIGHT then when you are trying.
You are so sweet, caring, loving, smart, EASY going, understanding, helpful, just perfect. You recently found out you are going to be a big brother and you are so excited. You got the baby a giraffe that plays music the other day and placed it in the crib that your little sister will sleep in. Yesterday you got it and put it up to my tummy and played her some music. It was really sweet. Mama and Pia got her coming home gown yesterday as well. It is a sweet little Kissy Kissy gown. Pia will be making a pink hat to match of course. She will be darling just like you!
Daddy was telling you yesterday that it was Mother's Day and you need to tell me Happy Mother's Day in the morning! Here is the conversation:
Hagen: "I don't have a Mother."
Daddy: "Yes you do...Mama is your Mother."
Hagen: "Ohhh...OK"
You didn't know that Mother and Mama were the same thing.
You and your Daddy cut roses from our bushes in the yard and put them in a vase for me, got me and egg McMuffin AND chocolate donuts, and got me a couple of cards. Daddy started the laundry and is hanging some things around the house including a new picture thing for your room. I am honored to be your Mama...I love you more than all the stars in the sky!
Love,
Mama
Super sweet... Happy Mother's Day!
ReplyDeleteHope you had a fabulous Mother's Day! Hagen's a lucky boy.
ReplyDeleteWhat sweet memories. =)
ReplyDeleteHe's going to be such a great big brother!
Hope your Mother's Day was wonderful!
So darn sweet. Wow, Carrie--you are getting mushy in your old age!
ReplyDelete