Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The fabric

This picture is not doing it justice. The pink fabric is a silk kind of fabric but not that slick silky fabric. The flower pattern is the main fabric in the room.

Sheet - will be a pink gingham that is the pink silk fabric color...called sorbet
Dust ruffle - you cant see much with my crib so I did plain flower fabric...nothing fancy
Curtain - long panels...flower fabric, black and white gingham tabs at the top and tie backs with accents of pink silk
Walls - I'm thinking thick (like 18") stripes...in really really pale green and cream...
Crib and dresser/changing table - black...Hagen's old ones...


I think I have mentioned that she will be named at least partly after my Great Grandma Hazel Grace. I've never given Hazel Grace too much thought, but always loved Grace. BUT...I'm getting alot of "You should totally use Hazel Grace"...so it is on the list. I had a chair in my room that has always been in my room. It is usually recovered with cusions to match my room decor. So we are also getting the pads on it covered in the same fabrics and it will now be in her room! It will be like Sweet Hazel Grace is in there calming her down.

Some may be freaked out at the next story but our family thinks it is neat. Hazel Grace actually passed away in our house. My parents house. She went to sleep and that was that...well, the room that she passed in is the guest room downstairs. It was Hazel Grace's room. Now it is the room where all the grandbabies sleep...when they are little because there is a crib in there. EVERY one of my parents grandbabies sleep FOR.EVER in that room. I mean, not wake up in the morning until 9 or 10 sleep in...it is NUTS. They take the longest naps in there...like 3-4 hours people. INSANE.

Tata,
Carrie



14 comments:

  1. Love the fabric! Can't wait to see it all come together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabric, love Hazel Grace, and love the guest room story!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on confirmation of baby girl Hazel Grace. I am going to keep calling her that whether you decide on that name or not, because I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! :) I can't way to see the room come together..it looks like it will be so pretty and feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the fabric. What does hubby think of the name? My grandmother's name is Gracie Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!

    FYI- Hudson's room is chocolate brown striped. We used a satin and a flat paint to make it look like different colors, but it's really not.
    I wanted 12" stripes and the painter talked me into 18" and I love it. The pale green and cream will be darling. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fabrics too! Precious. I can't wait to see the colors on the wall, it sounds so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the fabrics and the name. and that would freak me out a little or make me peaceful since it was a peaceful situation?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was a peaceful situation. I believe my grandmother (Carrie's great grandmother) is in the room watching over my grand children. She was the kindest person and would feel so honored if even part of her name is used for this special new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of your great grandmother watching over the children. Sweet story.

    And, I also love that you're not wasting any time on the girly stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That didn't take long! I think the best part about prepping for a new baby is their room! I love the name Hazel Grace. She is definitely watching over those grandbabies while they sleep. Awesome story!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet Grandma definitely has her calming spirit in that room! Love the fabrics and can't wait to see it all come together. You have great taste, and with your mother's help...it will be amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry! I was at a client site yesterday so no access to anythnig! The weirdness of the room? Nope. Not anymore at least. At first I was...I couldn't sleep in there. Even though she passed VERY peacefully it was still a bit eerie!

    Then when my brother had kids and they slept forever? It was crazy! I was able to sleep in there and it is just such a calming room...anyone that sleeps in tehre feels the same way!

    So yes, it was creepy at first, but not anymore...it's been about 14 years now...

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're welcome. (Regarding telling you that you are NUTSO if you don't name that baby girl Hazel!!)

    Hagen and Hazel? I am sorry but that is the cutest brother/sister name combo evah!!

    LOVING the fabrics and LOVING what you plan on doing to the walls.

    ReplyDelete
  14. YOU HAVE TO NAME HER HAZEL GRACE!!! Totally agree with Coco... Hagan and Hazel Grace! DARLING!

    ReplyDelete