Saturday, June 12, 2010

Hagen's 3 year well visit! And digging a carrot out of Noah's nose...

While at work yesterday Adam (my little brother) called to see if I could watch Noah after work for a few hours. I had to take Hagen to his well visit at 4:00 but told Adam that I could just take Noah with me.

I went to get Noah and we were off to get Hagen from school! Hagen was SO excited to see Noah and show him around his class.

We get to the doctor and the boys are doing good playing. We were ushered to the room and began the exam. Vision test? PASS Hearing test? PASS ...all was going well! But the natives were getting restless and causing trouble. I had a glimpse into Casey's life with a 3 year old and a 2 year old at the doctor when both know they get a lolly pop at the end.

It was time for the big weigh in. Ryan and I sweat this every time. Hagen weighed in at...25.6 pounds and 37 1/2 inches. He gained 3.6 pounds and 4 inches since last year. The weight wasn't as impressive but the height?! No wonder I had to put him in little girls skinny jeans in the winter!!

He got a shot...Noah freaked because his hero was crying really hard and then they both got a lolly pop. I have to give him Flintstone vitamins with iron from now on.

All was good!

Ryan had to work late again tonight so I was originally going to take Hagen on a date. BUT after the shot (I didn't think there were any at 3 years) I decided that dinner at home would be best. Someone was a bit on the pissy side...understandably.

We ate dinner and while we were, Noah decided to stick a piece of his raw carrot in his nose! I was up getting something and heard Hagen (the tattle tale) tell me that Noah put a carrot in his nose. I ran over there and sure enough it was in there and up far! I squeezed his nostril trying to make it come out but it didn't. Then I got the tweezers and got it very easily. It was just a tiny piece, but man...I was a bit nervous. Never had to get something out of someones nose before...that was a first!

I got the boys bathed and in bed by...7:10. I felt bad. On weekends we aim for 8:00 bedtime. I am not sure what clock I saw but thought I was on that path. I got downstairs and it was 7:10...BUT...whatever. It was nice.

Hagen was all excited this morning at 7:00 because we were taking Noah to the donut shop that has a huge Mickey and Minnie Mouse in the window.

Adam came to save Noah at 8:45 and now we are waiting for sleepy Daddy to wake up so we can see what we have in store for this weekend. I gotta feeling...woo hoo...that it will be a good weekend!

Tata,
Carrie

4 comments:

  1. When I was in preschool, I stuck a very small crayon up my nose and my dad had to come from work and take me to the ER to get it removed. Do you know why I did this? To impress a boy. No, I'm not joking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am shocked I have never had to pull something out of one of my kid's noses. Shocked.

    TM only weighs 28 lbs and is 39 inches!! Holy shit, let's hope she keeps this up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! I would have freaked out! Nice job with the tweezers, Carrie. Who knew!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad all is well, things up the nose are never fun! or the ear! can't wait to hear about the baby

    ReplyDelete