Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Random Bits!

I have a lot to discuss but it is all little bits and pieces…so here is another RANDOM post!
1. Hagen was so proud of himself this morning! You see, at school the potties are really low to the ground…so he drops trowel and pee’s standing up. At home he is not quite tall enough to get “it” over the rim so he either stood on a stool or sat. Well, this morning he yelled for me and was so excited! I looked at him and there he was on his tip toes peeing standing up and all of it got in the potty! Way to go Hagen!

2. Today Hagen is going to the dentist for the first time…it is at 4:20…lord please be with me.

3. In the morning Hagen gets a sticker if he takes his PJ’s and diaper off by himself, goes potty by himself, puts PJ’s and diaper where they belong, and dresses himself. Well he has been getting a sticker every morning for awhile now but what he is doing is putting it on my shirt on my belly…it’s for his baby. So sweet! BUT, I am forgetting about it and walking into the office with a truck sticker or a snoopy sticker on my shirt.

4. My niece is 16. She is kinda seeing a boy that is 18 (don’t get that idea in your head…she is as pure as pure can be and is damn proud of it to). Well, he said he didn’t want to see her anymore because she is going to be gone most of July on family trips, etc. She is sad…it made me think of when Brian Allison broke up with me because my MOM grounded me too much! THEN he hooked up with some girl at Arby’s that same night! I thought my life was over….bad time of my life.

5. Ryan has Shingles…Hagen and I are safe…I confirmed with my Dr. and his. Ryan is being a big baby. He is usually not, but man…what a whiney butt! Be pregnant in the summer and then you can start whining…until then shut your trap.

6. I am drinking my weight in water and still feel dehydrated!! I feel like I can’t get enough! I have slowed down (almost quit) tea…this is a good thing.

7. Ice maker at work has been broken for about a year. A repair guy came out about a month ago and said I needed to order a part and when it comes in to call, schedule an appointment, and be done. Well, I had 3 appointments CANCEL …the last one called yesterday. My window was from 8AM – 12…they called and said it will be closer to 3:00…never came, so they called at 6:00 and said they are running behind and they would be there in an hour or 2. I said, “tough! No one will be there! This is ridiculous!” I unloaded…had to leave the dinner table and yell at them in my closet so Hagen’s virgin ears wouldn’t hear what I was saying. Point of story? Sear’s blows…but…I am enjoying ice cold water today…it’s a good thing.

8. Hagen, Ryan, and I played Memory last night! Hagen is starting to take turns nicely. We can even shuffle the pieces around a bit and he is remembering where they are! We were putting the pairs side by side in a checkerboard format. We were so proud. BUT…someone has taken to cheating…flipping over 3 at a time, etc. Not too bad, but we will be working on that. It’s kinda scary to me that he reminds me of my butt-hole older brother when he pouts…my older brother was the world’s WORST sore loser EVER! I’m not lying am I Merrilee or Mom?! Horrible poor sport!!

9. My Mom is having knee replacement in a month or so…I hope for her sake it makes a big difference!!! She use to want to go do things and was more active, but now she is in SO much pain it is hard for her to want to do anything. TOTALLY understandable, but I miss my shopping buddy…

10. Right before her surgery Ryan, Hagen, and I are visiting Merrilee in California for 4 days! I can NOT wait!! We are so excited! We do not do amusement parks…we do the beach. I am not up for hot touristy things in the summer. No thank you. Maybe later in life, but not this trip. Mer and I have a different relationship. She is pretty much like my sister, but we don’t talk on the phone a lot. As I have mentioned before I am a TERRIBLE phone friend! I suck…truly. BUT, when we do talk? It’s ridiculous. I think to anyone else it would sound like alien talk…it’s intense, it’s jam packed, its informative…we cannot wait!! Hagen can’t wait to see Ellery his main squeeze too (he still calls her celery).

11. Ryan and I have been making a fabulous salad lately! BUT I need to find the perfect vinaigrette for it. I would LOVE to find some kind of raspberry vinaigrette or something like that…a sweet one. It is red leaf lettuce, sliced almonds, craisins, avocado, green apple, a little blue cheese, and I think that’s it. It is so good…just missing the perfect dressing…let me know ladies! ALSO, how do you get homemade vinaigrette dressings to not separate so bad? Seems that the oil holds all the dry ingredients and doesn’t mix nicely with the vinegar…help!

12. Hagen no longer gets a snack after school. Ladies, he is not eating dinner AT.ALL. yesterday was the first fight…it was a dozy, but he ate all 4 of his fish sticks (don’t judge…I made shrimp Creole but it was too spicy) and 4 carrots. It worked! MUST get more protein in this boy!

13. Mama has been ROCKING at work! I have hired one person and have 2 offers out! For an office that is 21 people this is a big thing! I will say I have a big ego right now…just a bit…

14. I want a new washer/dryer. There is NOTHING wrong with mine that I have but I want a cute colored one…red or aqua…something fun! Again, no reason…just do….

15. Qdoba…I am in love. Chipotle is like it but not the same. I think I am the only one that can tell the difference. I can eat it for breakfast, lunch or dinner…love it. I get a little rice, little black beans, chicken, 2X’s pico, sour cream AND cheese, and guacamole. It is to die for…I want more right now and I just ate some an hour ago…

SO random…I feel better though getting some of that out! I still need to post on our uneventful yet fun Father’s Day…Hagen’s card he made at school made me cry…it was sweet…

Tata,
Carrie

9 comments:

  1. Hey girl - This isn't homemade, but we like it a lot... Look on the salad dressing aisle for the Good Seasons Garlic and Herb pkt. You can usually find their clear glass cruet with the white top with the easy lines on where to fill with oil, vinegar, and water. I use Canola (olive is so thick) and apple cider w/ garlic vinegar. Pretty yummy... Not raspberry, but I like the salty garlic taste against the blue cheese, apple, avocado stuff like you are talking about. Have a good trip! Tell Mer hi for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. remember the food cravings, yum!!! and way to go H for peeing in the potty while standing. The bad thing w/ boys is it tends to go everywhere, the pee that is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's so great that you and Mer are still SO close. I have a few relationships like that too, doesn't matter how much time passes. We can pick up right where we left off. It's awesome.

    H is getting to be such a big boy! Precious.

    Hope your mom's surgery goes well too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see you in California!!!!! Email me the dates you'll be there. We have to do at least one night together.

    Thinking about your mom. So sad she's in pain.

    Loved the random info!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay - lots to discuss.

    1) Salad dressing - Have you tried Brianna's Blush Wine Vinaigrette?? So good and perfect for that salad.

    2) I feel sorry for Ryan. Shingles hurt like hell!!!! Seriously.

    3) Hope this knee replacement helps your Mom with the pain!

    4) Add the oil last when you're making homemade dressings and whisk-whisk-whisk - until it all comes together. Then whisk it again before you add it to the salad. It should stay together.

    5) I'm a terrible phone friend too. Only people I talk to on the phone on a regular basis are Maggie and Casey. Email and text? I can do that all day.

    I think that's it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not to be on Ryan's side, but I think shingles are supposed to be super duper painful.

    Try Briannas New American dressing, it is my sis in laws favorite ever!

    I am good on the phone with a few folks, Kelley, Maren, and Casey. Casey is a good phone person.

    I loved cravings, mine was mac and cheese with Bram and Pepperidge Farm chocolate cake with TM. Hmmmm... could eat it all day long.

    Have you called Kell yet? You need to get my cute stuff for your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love random info.

    My ex had shingles before, and it HURT. Ouch. He's since had kidney stones and said those were worse....but shingles were up there too. Poor guy.

    Love all the dressing suggestions. I;m going to try the one Coco suggested. We're huge vinaigrette fans.

    Poor Mama. Hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cute about Hagen peeing in the toilet! How exciting for him, and you! Hope the dentist went well. And I LOVE memory! Can't wait to play games like that with my little guy...though I'm also not ready for him to grow up. If you find a good vinaigrette, please post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carrie--I had no idea about your mom....I am so sorry and hope the surgery gives her some much needed relief.

    I CAN NOT WAIT for your trip...we are going to lose our voices from all the chatter. I have a feeling the guys may get annoyed by us, by I don't care!!! Yeah, yeah, yeah!!

    ReplyDelete