Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Dinner at Papa and Pia's

How sweet are my babies! I'll tell you though, newborns in real clothes is ridiculous. Hazel had a darling little dress on and tights and was so hard to hold! I felt like she was going to slip right through! and her tights? They were folded under her feet in her booties. BUT it was a must do...Mom and I picked out her Christmas outfit when I was still pregnant with her and we were in love. Hagen looks a bit dorky with his slicked hair...it hadn't dried yet.
We headed over to Mom and Dad's for Christmas dinner. The boys both got "Stinky the Garbage Truck". It is such a cute truck! It is vulgar...so of course I like it. It farts...not alot but enough. They spent alot of the time playing with Stinky.
We have a meal every year (Christmas or Christmas Eve...which ever one we are together for) and it is fabulous! Standing Rib Roast, Mona's Potatoes, and bacon wrapped green beans. They must all 3 be present...it's just not the same if something is missing!!
My parents are the true Santa's. Dad did his normal splitting up $1,000 in 10 envelopes with "Merry Christmas" written on them and handed them out to random people that look like they needed it. He gave me 3 and it is my favorite thing in the world to do. You give it and drive away and not wait to see a reaction. It is hard to not wait and see, but you don't want them to feel awkward or anything.


I got tons of clothes, a sapphire necklace (did you know there are tons of colors of sapphires?), a new laptop, a roasting pan, and other things...I did pretty well! As always.



Hazel actually did very well. She was snuggled by Aunt Rebecca and fell asleep. Usually she will not do this at night but I think the poor thing was just plain WORN OUT so she did whatever was needed.
I start work on Monday...holy crap...
Tata,
Carrie




7 comments:

  1. Carrie - you look FANTASTIC!

    Love the picture of Hazel saying, "What up?!" in the pic with Hagen. Nice hand up in the air.

    Love your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really do look great! Babies are precious and best of luck on Monday! It will all be okay!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What up with looking like a supermodel just a few months after having a babe? You look awesome! Love your dad and that he does this.....what a sweet and fun thing to do. Umm...need pics of the necklace, please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that last pic of Hazel. Sleeping babies are always so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes you look awesome Carrie!! Your Dad is awesome - that is so neat!! What a great way to spread the love!! Hazel is so precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with the ladies- your dad is the real Santy. He's definitely getting extra ice cream sundaes in heaven.
    Hazel is so damn cuuuute!!! The pic of her and Hagen- has she been watching Jersey Shore? That fist pump is right on.
    And yeah- you look freaking gorgeous, Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great, Carrie! Hope everything is going well with you. Know that going back to work can be a major adjustment.
    Thinking of you and your sweet babies!

    ReplyDelete