Hagen has nominated himself as resident hair washer. he likes to wash her long mullet. She doesn't mind. Also, before she was born Hagen picked out a duck for her and one for himself. You can see him trying to play with her. She isn't really interested.
It is Monday at noon right now and I just made Hazel cry it out a bit. It was horrible. It lasted 5 minutes and then I went to pick her up and she was immediately asleep. She is a bit difficult. SO cute and sweet, but I am having a very hard time trying to figure her out. Time will tell and things will be great and fine but it is a bit hard right now.Saturday morning we had our family photos taken! The same girl that did them last year. She is in Mansfield and LOVE.HER. She comes to your area. She focuses on outdoor shots. She charges $200 but you get all of the photos on a disc. She will send them to you and you pick out the ones you want her to edit and then she sends them. Let me know if you need her contact info! I gave my brother a photo shoot for their 2nd baby gift. They had alot of things and didn't need much so I thought a photo shoot to use whenever was good...
Our photo shoot was in Downtown McKinney. It was windy so I'm sure I look like Medusa in them. Hazel and Hagen were GREAT! Hazel even let us lay her in a pile of leaves and just snoozed away. I will say that we had the blowout of ALL blowouts. We kept doing photos to hurry and finish. Well, it was so bad that it went up the side of her diaper and into her armpit! Man alive...it was crazy! We got her cleaned up and went to Spoons for breakfast. Pancakes and bacon for Hagen and I...it was WONDERFUL! We never go out for breakfast but it was so fun and I want to do it more often! I love me some pancakes!
Saturday night we had my company's holiday party! I know I have talked about how great my company is...well the parties are even better. They are all family events so the whole family attends. No babysitters, etc. They hire girls to come and entertain the kiddos with arts and crafts, we sing Christmas carols and you bring your instruments if you want, Santa comes and brings each kiddo a gift, we have a great dinner (special food for kids), we have a DJ with fun games, open bar, etc. Plus we can wear jeans! It is truly so comfortable...
This year Hagen was so excited! Santa came in and Hagen immediately looked at Ryan and said, "that's not the same Santa from the mall?!?" and then followed it up with "Let's go find his reindeer". He was totally calling our bluff. He is so smart.
Last night I put Hazel to bed at 7:00...that is her "I'm done" time. Well, Ryan heard her crying and went in there to rock her and turned the game on in the bedroom. Well I went in to check on them a bit later and Ryan was on the bed with her and they were talking. I heard her first real "coo"...it was aimed at her Daddy and was the sweetest sound! She just stares at him...loves him. Me? She looks at me and is like "whip out the boob lady"...she treats me like a piece of meat...so insulting.
That's all I got! Filing for maternity benefits, making spaghetti sauce (thanks Coco), making a shopping list for Christmas (because I suck and am SO behind), doing laundry, etc.
Hazel is a month old! Holy moly!
Tata,
Carrie
Medusa - nice.
ReplyDeleteOne month!!!!!! It goes by so fast. Just the other day you were texting me while in labor.
Carrie, we did our family photos in downtown McK too - it was NUTS! Worst morning of my life, I think :) Magically, some good shots came of the chaos. ha!
ReplyDeletesend me the info...we have a photographer we just used...and she sends us the CD too...but i like the idea of getting to pick them out and then she edits. we should get our pics back today and i am just nervous about the ones she chose...you know...they might night be the same that i would choose....she was about $200 too...i think that's reasonable esp. when you get the CD
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the pictures....I know they will be beautiful. Go Hagan, Mr. Smarty pants....Ellery has not asked any questions about Santa yet-hmmmmm??
ReplyDeleteWow Hagen is smart - mine believe everything we say right now - but still don't behave! Hazel is precious! Can't believe she is already a month old!
ReplyDeleteSweet tub pics.
ReplyDeleteYour work Christmas party sounds wonderful. Bryan and I are hosting his work party this year. We're doing families, too. Very casual.
Love the 2 in the tub together. Cannot believe Hazel is already a month!
ReplyDeleteThe whole Santa thing gets harder every year!
So much easier bathing both kids at once! Just wait until they can actually play together.
ReplyDeleteYou've got a smart little boy..... each year is going to get harder and harder with the whole Santa deal. :)
Whip out the boob lady. NICE.
ReplyDelete