Friday, February 17, 2012

Mattress gone bad

OK, so Ryan and I decided we wanted to do a bed makeover for our loved one that needs some love and support right now. We split things up:
Nana - new sheets and blanket
Ryan and I - new comforter, mattress pad, and pillows (and using our old bedroom lamps)
My parents - new mattress and box springs

Well, Ryan and I loaded up the kids in the truck after dinner, went to Sams and got her a new mattress and box springs from my parents. We didn't have the tie downs but it seemed to be pretty secure. Ryan was driving slow...it was dark. We got on the service road and planned on taking the backroads to be safe.

Ryan kept checking the rear view mirror..."still there" "still there" "WE LOST IT!"

It was no easy u-turn so we had to take the longest 2 minute drive back to where it was dropped! Traffic, cars and headlights everywhere...we popped the curb, parked the truck and ran out into traffic to drag the new but demolished mattress out from the road. It was ruined....had tons of tire marks on it and it was ripped bad.

I called Mom and she was laughing...it was funny but it was the most stressful 2 minutes of my life! Someone could have died dodging the mattress in the road!

So today we are off to buy another new mattress. The good thing is we got a great deal and didn't spend as much as we originally thought. So even with buying another new one it will be about what we thought it would cost...

I can not WAIT for her to come home from work and find her new soft comfortable bed...she has needed one for YEARS!! She deserves the world...

Carrie

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! I would have been so pissed-at my husband of course-Because it would have been his fault and no one else's!!!!! Glad no one was hurt and so glad y'all were able to help out a friend

    ReplyDelete