Let me give you some background...
When Hagen was little...like REALLY little...4 months old or something like that he loved the country music video of Sugarland singing "Why don't you stay". It was a sad song of a lady singing to her wandering husband. The video is boring...just her singing and crying. He would be throwing a fit or crying about something and we would put that video on (we had it on DVR) and he would immediately stop crying.
Our nighttime ritual consists of me giving Hagen a bath, Hagen cuddling with Ryan on the couch while drying off in his towel, then I put his PJ's on and brush teeth, and Ryan reads and tells stories.
Well, tonight Hagen was cuddling in his towel while lounging on Ryan and watching the country music station. And low and behold, Sugarland was playing at a concert! They weren't even singing that song, but it was like Hagen just remembered her and was right back to the place of comfort...maybe too much comfort.
I was sitting on the other couch and Ryan looked over at me and said, "can you check and see where his hand is?" So I peeked under his towel and WHOA! Hagen found his...well...you know. He REALLY found it and was just staring at her on the TV!
So, I scooped him up and said it's time to put our PJ's on and wait for Daddy for books!
Ryan and I could not stop laughing. It's so funny! He loves her! Not Jessica Simpson, not Angelina Jolie, but the girl from Sugarland!
Welcome to manhood Hagen.
Love,
Mama
Monday, August 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well, that didn't take long....both Hagen's big news and your willingness to share it!
ReplyDeleteLove ya, Carrie!
OMG, that is freaking hysterical!
ReplyDeleteThey find it early don't they? Tess still thinks she has a weiner and will hold her china to stand and tinkle outside. Poor girl.
ReplyDeleteSugarland bugs me. Try to change to another country singer.
I am SO going to use the word "china" if I have a girl! LOVE that!!! Poor TM holding it like a boy...
ReplyDeleteHey Carrie...found your blog from reading Casey's and Coco's blogs. So funny....typical men...doesn't matter how old they are!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to blog land. Came over by way of Coco. Any friend of hers is a friend of mine. She's a nut. Love her.
ReplyDeleteLove it, Carrie! My little man takes every opportunity he can to grab at his jewels--what is that??
ReplyDelete