What a busy week! Hagen has been doing well in "drowning lessons"...but he is actually starting to look like he IS drowning...going backwards in his training. That's OK, he will get it when he gets it! It's not like he is going to be competing like Michael Phelps next year...but by 2011 he better be ON IT! Enough of this! Sink or swim, for real!
To be honest he has NO fat on his body whatsoever (just like Mama) and is having a hard time with the floating. Poor baby. Plus the pool water is FREEZING!! So that does not help. Hagen shivers in the shade in Dallas...IN AUGUST!
I am about 1 hour from departure to my long awaited Girls Weekend! It is with about 10 girls from PSHS Class of '93 heading down to Lake Travis for some CRAZY times! We all get our drink on like college kids and have so much fun together! This is my second time away from Hagen since he was born May 31, 2007. What a dork I am!
I told him that he is going to have Guy's Weekend with Dapper and Daddy and Mama was going to go be with friends. I said my goodnight last night and went to snuggle with him 2 more times before I went to bed.
There have only been a handful of times that I have not gotten Hagen up for school. Ryan typically leaves early so that he can come home early (which I love). So this morning when I left the house at 6:30 AM (no reason people should be driving that early...none at all) I was sad.
I got in my car BY MY SELF...went to Sonic BY MY SELF...talked TO MY SELF...and missed my sweet baby. I thought about him when I passed the million cement mixers, diggers, delivery trucks, trash trucks, and dump trucks. That's our thing...we talk about what we want to look for and I tell Hagen to open his eyes really wide and look (which he proceeds to close them as tightly as he can). We hunt trucks before school!
Ryan said when he woke Hagen up for school he said, "Mama's with her friends and Daddy is taking me to school." No problem...not that I was expecting a meltdown, but I'm just sad.
I need to relax and have fun, but I am already sad and miss Hagen. I usually slap people when they say things like I just said because I mean, come on...get a frickin grip and have a good time Debbie Downer. But now that's me...Wha Wha...
The car is packed, Sonic is calling my name, and the drivers better beware...Mama is heading out on a road trip!
See ya bitches!
Carrie
P.S. Hagen loves when Ryan fills up the huge Dickey's cup in the tub with water, holds it up high over Hagen, and slowly pours the water out on him. Last night he told Daddy to pour it on his "tail"...yes, he calls it his tail. Where the hell did he get that from?
P.S.S. We have been teaching Hagen WHO a boy is and WHO a girl is (no Penis or China talk yet...thanks Coco...I LOVE the china word so much better). So we ask what Mama is, and he says girl...Papa - boy...Daddy - MAN...wait, what?! Ryan doesn't know why he is saying that...but he only calls Daddy a man. Hmmm...wonder who taught him that. Cute Ryan, very cute.
Friday, August 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
HAVE FUN GIRL! I love girly weekends without kiddos, you need to do it way more often. (hint..hint...preferabley with moi)
ReplyDeleteI'm jealous, oh so jealous!!
Love the Hagen stories. Maybe you should let him grow a tail. I think Tessie Mayes would think that was HOT!!
Have a great trip!
ReplyDeleteHave a fabulous time and come back with lots of great stories!
ReplyDelete