Thursday, August 27, 2009

Our week

Hagen has become quite the monster lately. He is expressing his Independence or whatever and standing up for himself. When he wants something he tells you, when he doesn't agree he tells you, sometimes he just jibber jabbers for the hell of it. He is definitely a talker...I don't know why I even try to have a conversation on my phone in the car with Hagen is accompanying me...it is a lose lose situation.

He will ask OVER AND OVER AND OVER where we are going, who is going to be there, what's for dinner, where's Daddy, "Daddy AND Pia's Birdday?", "I pp'd in potty", "I scared of tunder", "Daddy's truck is LOUD...I cover my ears", and so on and so on...just a constant diareah of the mouth situation in the Darney mobile.

Well, this is proving to be a problem at Nap Time. You see, Hagen started his nap boycott a few months ago, but was always easy to sooth to just sit there, read a book, and hush...at least at home that is how it works. At school they have his nap pad on the opposite side of the room so that he is not disturbing the other kids. Well, yesterday when I picked him up and looked at his daily report it said he had very hard time remaining quiet on his nap...UNDERLINED!! And then, it had a star at the bottom with "Hagen is telling his teachers NO when he is told to lay down and be quiet".

SO, Hagen, Ryan, and I had a big talk about how that is not acceptable and when he is at school he is to do as his teachers say and NOT tell them NO...VERY unhappy with that Hagen. When I took him to school this morning I asked for his teacher to come over and Hagen, Ms. Karen, and I sat down and discussed that it is not right to tell the teacher NO...he looked sad and embarrassed...AND CAUGHT. Ya, I'm on you buddy....nothing getting past this Mama.

So, we'll see how that went when I get the little monster today after school.

Hagen should be done with his swimming next week and I will post a video of it when he is graduated. He has made big strides in the past 2 weeks and is doing really well!

Funny: Hagen was in the car with me yesterday and yelled "I have a burger" with his pointer finger lodged right up his nostril...I swear, he is the champ on how far you can get your finger in your nose...I think I saw it coming out of the corner of his eye! Impressive buddy....

Love,
Carrie

4 comments:

  1. What nothing about Hagen wanting to pet your eyebrow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lord, Carrie. I have been there all too many times. I know what an underline means. I know what a teacher means when she tells you your kid is "high energy" or "spirited" or "full of personality". I used to live with such fear of picking up Carter from school just waiting to see what they would be reporting to me. Tough years! And, we're about to start it all with Jack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel for you too; however am laughing with you because they are SO damn funny, aren't they!

    Maci tells us "no" already and shakes her head at you... I'm thinking we are in BIG trouble with this little girl here in the future... don't know where she gets it from :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so feel your pain! My child is not actually saying a lot of words yet, but still expresses his opinion. Which I'm not always open to hearing!!

    He's starting preschool next week so that should be interesting!!!

    ReplyDelete