Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween weekend!

What a fun weekend! Hagen "Got" Halloween this year and had a great time! On Saturday we carved our pumpkin. Ryan participated by pulling out the guts and then I carved the face. It turned out pretty cute by the way!

That night we got Hagen all dressed up in his Fireman suit and set the timer for 7:00...when the buzzer went off the boys headed out the door to trick or treat! I stayed back to pass out the candy.

Hagen was so excited! UNTIL that ONE house...the one with the man dressed in a wolf mask. Hagen just stared at him with his treat bag open. Ryan said he didn't act scared. But then they went to the next house and rang the bell...before the door was even opened, Hagen dropped his bag and said Daddy I wanna go home, and ran! Poor baby was scared of wolf man!

He was on his sugar high crack cocaine energy before bed and slept really good!

Now Ryan...he is not doing good. The only things he did this weekend besides resting was pull out pumpkin guts and take Hagen trick or treating. He is just not right...I feel bad for him...if he is not better tomorrow I am making him go back to the doctor. He is actually taking a 1/2 day today which is SO not like him. I mean, after he was diagnosed with pneumonia, he left and went back to work working outside the remainder of the day. I just hope he takes it seriously and doesn't end up in the hospital.

Hagen and I escaped yesterday afternoon to a party and then the mall. Mama needed some plug-in oil things from BBW and then a cute dress (or 2) from Nordstrom's. Then we topped the day off with a ride on the carousal!! He was so brave and excited. We had some nice Mama/Son moments.

With all that said, I want my hubby back! I feel worn out. My weekends are usually reserved for cleaning the house, shopping for the weekly food, etc. I am making Ryan rest and he is listening, but I miss him taking Hagen to Hope Depot or the park while I mop. I'm worn slick...and my hypochondriac self feels like I am getting sick...I sure hope not!

This week is supposed to be beautiful and I cant wait! I have PW Chicken Spaghetti all made and plan on making PW meatballs later this week...some good cooking going on in the Darney house!!

Happy November to all!!

Carrie

2 comments:

  1. Chicken spaghetti is cooking in our oven right now! Love that stuff.....awesome leftovers.

    So sorry Ryan is still down! Poor guy!

    Glad y'all had fun for Halloween. Love, love, love, Hagen! Boo to the wolfman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have all the ingredients for the PW chicken spaghetti but still haven't made it. So need to. Was it yummy?
    Hope Ryan gets better soon, for his sake and yours! ;)

    ReplyDelete