Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Debbie Downer has left the building...


...I repeat, left the building. I'm back! I was so sad today...lonely at work, cold, after Christmas, etc.

I met my parents after work today to go get my present sized and walked out with an additional present. Then I went shopping for some cute clothes! Retail therapy really does work...I feel so much better! They even took me to lunch when I was looking homeless in my sweats and hat because my hair is 3 days dirty...yes, 3 days! Told you I was in the dumps!

THEN, Ryan was picking up little man from school so I took my time coming home.

THEN, I get home, put on some boots and a thick coat and my gloves and I met my boys outside and we played in the snow for a long time! We built a snowman (complete with carrot nose, Mr. Potato Head buck teeth, rock eyes, and twig arms), threw snowballs (I got Hagen in the face...totally on accident...he turned around at a bad time), made snow angels, etc.

I had a blast!

THEN, Ryan went to get sushi for dinner and I heated up anything that wasn't moldy in the fridge for Hagen. It was great!

Fire in the fireplace, hot chocolate, Dove Promises, and The Hangover on paperview...

I have a busy day tomorrow at work and am ready to tackle it...in my new duds...but not the best ones because no one will be there to tell me how cute I look.

SO SORRY about the venting this morning, I was being a brat/baby/whiney girl, but I had to.

AND, Hagen liked me today! I think the getting outside and playing did ALL of us some good. We needed to blow off some steam.

Tata,
Carrie

6 comments:

  1. Yea! That is the cutest picture Carrie! Ryan did a great job on the snowman! Also, your new background on your blog, picture that is, is precious! Your professional pictures turned out awesome. You all look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Retail therapy is.the.best! I did that all afternoon, Sunday; sans hubby and baby.

    I get to get my hair done tomorrow too so I'm totally feeling good about starting the new year, refreshed!

    Happy you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always get the post-Christmas dumps too, Carrie! I'm surprised I'm not more bummed than I am. Two Christmases ago I cried when everyone left our house Christmas afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're back! The snowman is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I TOTALLY believe in retail therapy. . . especially if your dad is involved! Do tell. . . what beautiful jewelry did papa pick out this year???? Love the pic of Ryan and Hagan--sweet boys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe in retail therapy, too! And getting-out-of-a-rut therapy. However you do it, getting out of the routine FEELS GOOD.
    Glad to have you back--throwin snowballs at Hagen and all!
    :)

    ReplyDelete