Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!

We started the day with both Ryan and I having to go into our offices for a 1/2 day. I was planning on taking the day off, but we are so busy so I went in for a few hours. It was very productive and quiet so well worth the trip.

We decided instead of doing nothing (we are kind of on the boring side when it comes to partying) we would invite a few couples over with the kids for a nice home cooked meal and some beverages.

Tommy and Jacki came over with their little girls Tori and Katy. They were here from about 5:00 till 8:00. We had some meatballs, mashed potatoes, and some veggies, dips, and then some desert...very laid back and simple. What was NOT simple is the disaster area that the toys became! Every part of Every toy was EVERYWHERE! They had a great time, but man was that a mess.

Tommy and Ryan did some poppers with the kiddos and Jacki and I enjoyed a drink and caught up.

I again have a new found respect for RSVP'ing. My brother and sister in law were invited, but totally understandable they backed out the day before...they are all sick. I appreciate people not coming over to spread their germs! Plus, I hadn't started cooking or even been to the store yet...not a big deal.

BUT...

We invited another family over and they would not give us a definite answer on if they were coming or not. It was almost as if they were waiting for a better offer. It was a difference between me making 1 or 2 batches of the dinner I was preparing. I sent a text and an email the night before to check and see because I was going to the store. Still no response until...2:30 yesterday saying they were coming and what can they bring AND they were leaving early because they had another place to go. Ugh...what? Were you raised in a barn?! Our shindig was starting around 4 or so and they knew this so that left me 1 1/2 hours to make more food for your family? I don't think so!

I called her back to say that we had canceled it all because we didn't know if they were coming or not. Told her that some of the other people were sick and backed out. Her response, "Well, I'm glad I'm not the reason for you to cancel!" Very inconsiderate. Still love their family to pieces...they have a little boy in Hagen's class and are SO cool to hang out with!

Anywho, our new years "theme" this year is budget and simplicity. We are going to get out of debt as far as our credit cards and we are going to get rid of stuff we are holding onto for NO reason whatsoever.

I am so thankful for everything in my life right now...my hubby who is such a hard worker, great Daddy, and wonderful husband....My baby boy Hagen who is testing his limits lately which he should be, talking so well, eats fairly good, and is very personable...My parents who are so fun to be around, easy to talk to, and so giving and loving to my family...My job that gives me the flexibility to be able to work while still being able to have a hot meal on the table for my boys...My house that is warm...My attic that I have all organized...My friends that are always there for me at the drop of a hat...just very thankful for everything!

In 2010 I hope to become pregnant, I hope to get out of debt, I hope to get a raise, I hope to continue to work on a pattern of working/cleaning/cooking/playing that works with our family, I hope to finally figure out what to put on my walls in my master bedroom...no, there is not one thing on our walls, and I hope to become a better wife and mother as well!

Cheers to a new year!

XO,
Carrie

3 comments:

  1. You do have something on your bedroom wall!! A big TV!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers to you! Happy New Year. Can't see how you'd be a better mom or wife, but we all have to keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. . . sorry about the last minute RSVP.. . that is annoying. Love your ever-present honesty and sharing of your goals. You just inspired me!!

    ReplyDelete