Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Santa Claus is coming to town!

...and Hagen is crapping his pants.

We are counting down the days until Santa comes and brings toys and things for the GOOD kiddos. Lately it is questionable which list my little guy is on...mostly the good list...this morning? Not so much.

2 more days till Santa! That means two more sleeps, two more naps, two more baths, etc. Everything today is 2.

Now the part that freaks him out. The part where Santa comes to our house when we are sleeping and brings gifts. We tell him that Santa comes ONLY when we are asleep so that we will not actually SEE him. When we tell him this, you can almost see the gerbils on the wheel in his head thinking, "Great, now he's going to come in my room and scare me!"

No no my little precious one...I promise that you will NOT see Santa...I PROMISE! HE WON'T EVEN ENTER YOUR ROOM!

Bottom lip out...quivering...teary eyes...chin down..."Santa comes in 2 days..."

Amazingly Hagen has not rearranged any ornaments on my tree and has not even tried to unwrap ANY gifts under the tree! He even put them there after I wrapped them up! That was his job. I am really kinda shocked that he has left them alone! Of course they are for the rest of the family and not him.

Today is the last day of work until Monday...work is really busy right now which is good. We start the Christmas festivities tomorrow with my parents and then Christmas day with Ryan's family. We switch every year. We make it so that the year my brother and sister in law don't travel we have Christmas with my parents so that we are all together!!

Love all of you...so nice to be able to "talk" whenever I want. I am not a phone person, so blogging is RIGHT up my alley!

Merry Christmas my friends,
Carrie

4 comments:

  1. Hagen worrying about Santa being in his house while he's asleep is hilarious! I would have never imagined that thought would enter his mind. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Hagen! I used to freak about that when I was little too. Hopefully, it won't bother him too much. Merry Christmas to y'all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you, too!

    The premise of Santa and what we ask our kids to buy into is really quite odd. Sounds like Hagen is a thinker and is ahead of his game. My dumb kids haven't questioned a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor baby! So cute he's concerned but not full-blown freaked out.
    Merry Christmas, Darney family!

    ReplyDelete