Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Santa visit


So Hagen and I ventured out to Stonebriar Mall on Thursday for some cookies, shopping, and SANTA! Now Hagen did not know we were going to see HIM. On the way I told him that we may see Santa! I told him that I hoped to see him so that I can tell him what a good girl I've been and tell him what I want.


I looked in my rear view mirror to see tears welling up and lip quivering. He said, "Mama, you go first?" in the sweetest little voice ever. "Of course, I'll show you how it's done!"


He was very quiet the whole drive there and walking towards Santa's area. We got there and I let him peek at Santa to see that he is not some crazy person (as far as I know) and we were on our way to meet him. There was no line so we were up in no time!


I went first and make sure that Hagen could hear me. I said I was a good girl and I wanted a new TV and Merry Christmas! I smiled and faked getting a photo taken, kissed Santa on the cheek and went to get Hagen.


Hagen looked nervous but no crying. I sat him on Santa's lap and he rattled off, "I'm a good boy, I want a guitar and a scooter, Merry Christmas!" and then turned to the camera and looked spooked. No smiling, BUT no crying either!


He was SO proud of himself! You could just see the happiness in his heart. What a big boy!!


Tata!
Carrie

5 comments:

  1. Please tell me you sat on his lap??

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a big boy. . .could he be any sweeter? I can SERIOUSLY picture you on Santa's lap telling him you have been a good girl--he may want to check with Ryan on that one(ha, ha)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mama, can you go first?

    I almost cried reading that. Such sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks so nervous. Love Santa pictures!!! He is too precious, Carrie.

    ReplyDelete