Hagen, you are quite the funny guy! Your sense of humor is getting...well...let's just say it is getting there! You have alot to live up to as your Mama is HILARIOUS! Be patient my little one...
Last night was so much better than Tuesday night. I appreciate all the comments. I seriously felt so low after that night. I was sad...I felt he hated me (to be honest I wasn't really fond of him). Yesterday was so much better! We had a nice dinner (fish, edamame, and mashed potato's) and he ate well, we bathed and got in our PJ's before the 7:00 Christmas special was on and he didn't know but Daddy surprised him by coming in when the show was beginning! I knew, but didn't tell Hagen because we wanted it to be a surprise. He was so happy!
So, when he was in his bath, I was doing the usual soapy hair Mohawk. He checked it out in the drainy thing...what the hell is that thing called...the thing that you can see your reflection. Anyway, he said he was a dinosaur! I did horns next (very fitting from the night before) and he laughed and said he was Shrek! He then wanted to shave my face, his face, his legs, and his stomach and we were done. He wanted me to look like Shrek. That's fairly easy...I put my hair in two ponytail loopy things. He said, "That's not Shrek...that's Mickey Mouse". Sweet baby...sometimes.
So then it was on to get our Apple Cider (I just warm up watered down apple juice for him) and then getting the fire ready. Tell you what, the wood was POPPING like crazy in the fire! At one point, I was tending to the fire and heard a loud pop and then smelled like my hair burned. I checked my hair...nothing...checked my sweater...nothing. Then I saw it. A glowing red ember IN.MY.CARPET. It was about 6 feet from the fireplace. I stomped it out and it only melted a little area and you can't even really see it. I have shaggy brown/tan/black carpet. But Geez! How scary is that! Now, I didn't have the screen closed because I was tending to the fire, but man alive...that freaked me out! I turned the gas off and just let the fire die down.
One more thing...when I picked Hagen up from school yesterday I told him we had to go to the store to get more fruit (more apples, oranges that PEEL correctly, etc.) He said OK and he wanted blue fruit. I said Blueberries? Yep, that's what he wanted. And he got them and eats them like crazy! I hate plain blueberries! Pancakes, muffins, that's good, but plain?! eewww!
While we were getting our fruit he reminded me that he gets a free cookie at the bakery. So we went to get one. WELL, it didn't have M&M's on it! He threw himself on the floor and was screaming. People were walking by me smiling like "I got you sister" and I said, "Hagen, people are looking at you and thinking how sad it is that Santa will be here soon and you are acting like this."
That didn't help. He kept on...I was calm. I then said, "Hagen! We forgot something! You know what we need to get?"
Crying stopped and Hagen said, "What?"
I said "A new scrub brush for Mama's dishes"
Hagen: "OK, let's go"
He helped me pick out a new scrubbie and ate his cookie. Man, I would love to have a short term memory like that!
Tata,
Carrie
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's called a faucet!! You are learning to side track him. Good Job.
ReplyDeleteMom, don't be smart. I know what the hell a faucet is you ding dong...I'm talking about the silver round thing below the damn faucet! I'm not brilliant but I know what a freaking faucet is!
ReplyDeleteI can actually hear the tone of voice from both you and your mother--priceless! Don't you just LOVE shopping with a toddler? Did you get my message yesterday....the one about my shopping experience with both my children in a boutique??? What kind of drugs was I taking to think that was a good idea??
ReplyDeleteOh--and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new picture on your blog. . .is this your Christmas card picture??
ReplyDeleteNope! It almost was on there too, but we went with a family pic...I ordered them from shutterfly last night and hoping to get them and send them by mid next week...so anxious! I'm SO late sending them!
ReplyDelete