Kirby is our Elf on the Shelf. I named him...Ryan did not approve, but it was already written in the book so it stuck.
To be honest, Kirby is a little jacked up looking...Hagen refers to Kirby as "she". I guess Kirby is a girl.
When we explained that Kirby goes to the North Pole when we are sleeping to report to Santa how we behaved for the day you could just see the wheels turning in his head. I told him that we can not touch Kirby because it makes his magical powers go away.
SO, when Hagen is not being good we tell him that Kirby is watching...he stops and stares at Kirby for a good 5 seconds and then immediately turns to us and says "hold me"...he's scared.
I think the funniest thing coming out of this is when we tell Hagen he needs to behave he tells us "I am being haved..." Cute boy...
When he looks for Kirby in the morning to see where he landed he kinda looks a bit spooked...this morning he was in Hagen's little tree in the family room (the main tree is in the entryway).
Is it wrong to have Kirby out all year?
Carrie
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm sure he's being haved year round, Carrie. Hagen is perfect!
ReplyDeleteI wish when you were little I had a Kirby!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm cracking up right now--at poor Hagen's expense! Little guy is freaked out. I would be too. Whatever happened to their hands and feet anyway?
ReplyDeleteBram was totally freaked out last year when we busted out with "Frisky" (he named him). Wanted to be clear that Frisky wasn't going to jump out and spook him.
ReplyDeleteThis year, honestly, he really isn't buying the Frisky bullshit. BUT doesn't want to risk Frisky being real and ratting him out for being naughty. Funny to watch.
Sweet baby, Hagan! I can just picture the look on your face when you tell him Kirby is watching!!!
ReplyDelete