Yesterday was family day. We decided that we were going to go to the Stockyards and Rodeo!
I got up early to get my haircut and then we were off! We left around 10:30 and didn't get home until about 5:30...long day but so fun! Hagen kept saying he was excited to see the "Gong-ies". We have no idea what he was saying. I said, "Donkey's?" He said, "No, Gong-ies". Oh, OK...we'll look for them too!
We got there and it was raining a bit...not too much though. It wasn't too crowded either. THEN, a few hours into it it got more and more crowded and more rain! That's OK though because most of it was covered or inside.
We ate corn dogs, popcorn, and cotton candy and got Hagen a straw cowboy hat and a metal sign that is silhouettes of cowboys on horses for his room. Funny thing Hagen said while eating his cotton candy...it was sticking all over his fingers. He said, "Look at this little fella...he's stickin on my fnger." Those words are not misspelled...that's how he says it. Where does he get these words from?! Fella?
We saw cows, horses, chickens, ducks, goats, sheep, pigs, turkeys, rabbits, and more. It was so fun! Now, the poop I could do without. We also saw a Donkey and Hagen got so excited that the Donkey from Shrek was there!
It was nearing 2:00 so we headed towards the arena for the rodeo. It was a LONG line! Hagen and I stayed inside and Ryan went to get tickets. He walked up to the ticket counter and said 2 adults and a 2 year old. She asked him for what day...he said for now. She said the Saturday shows have been sold out for weeks and are sold out. Oops...we had no idea it was sold out!
So we will be checking out the rodeo in Mesquite at sometime...we were bummed we couldn't make it.
We walked into the children's area and there were 2 one week old and 2 2 week old baby goats. it was a photo opportunity. You sit on a bale of hay and they put the goats on yoru lap and take a photo. Hagen was SO excited! Until it was his turn. He sat down and they put the baby goat on his lap. They are the size of a cat...he got scared, started shaking, and it was over...no cute photo. I wanted to take one home...a goat...
We stopped at Chili's and Best Buy on the way home, watched a bit of TV, took showers, and Hagen went to bed quick. While I was tucking Hagen into bed tonight he told me that my pony tail is pretty like his friend Isabelle's at school...Aww, he's already looking for a girl just like Mama! Ryan and I had a dinner of string cheese and Bud Light and played Wii.
The sad thing is that I looked at the clock and it was 10:45 and I told Ryan what time it was...we both locked up the house, turned the lights out, and hurried to bed...we haven't been up that late in a long time! It's sad that we just stop everything to hurry to bed! What dorks!
I had a great day with my boys...even though we all smelled like cow patties at the end of it!
Tata,
Carrie
P.S. Hagen HATES Sugar Snap Peas...even in his beloved ranch dressing. I was shocked! Of all the things he eats he won't eat sugar snap peas??
P.S.S. We told Hagen the other night that if he ate all his dinner he can have some pickles for desert! He said, "No Mama, you don't have pickles on your shirt!"
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like you guys had fun day!
ReplyDeleteSo fun! You guys were 2 minutes from my house. :)
ReplyDeleteSounds fun!
ReplyDeleteI've heard the Mesquite Rodeo is a ton of fun. Caroline has been before. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteCute, cute Hagen.
How fun!!! I love the FW stockshow. Last year they had tiny baby pigs and I almost stole one.
ReplyDeleteWish we could of met up but Coco did not leave the house!!!!
coco, the baby goats were ADORABLE...so little. I almost stole one of them!
ReplyDeleteThat all sounds so sweet! You should check-out the Mesquite rodeo. . . it was a blast the last time we went. Plus, you can check out some hot cowboys in tight jeans--yee-haw!
ReplyDelete