It is time to get this house back to order! I don't really have all THAT much to decorate with so it doesn't take me too long to take it down. Hagen has been asking "are you taking down the holidays?" or "Are you cleaning the holidays?" and "Where the holidays go?".
Ryan was taking down the lights outside and Hagen was helping (that means he was standing on the cast iron chair on our porch ringing the door bell over and over and over. Lovely. The funny thing is that when Hagen and Ryan are doing work outside the first thing Hagen does is get Ryan a beer and get himself a water or a juice box. Even if they just let Dapper out real quick and are coming right back in Hagen goes to get their refreshments!
Speaking of refreshments, Hagen and his ladies that we hung out for New Year's Eve were enjoying some Sparking Cider. It was funny to hear all the kids ask for more BEER. They thought it was beer. How white trash can we get! Hagen...just like his Mama.
If Dapper doesn't stop licking my carpet I'm going to poke him in the eyeball. I'm not sure if there is some leftover Christmas goodness in the carpet or what but he is DRIVING ME NUTS. Yesterday Hagen said, "Dapper Doo...stop licking the carpick!"
One last thing...Hagen is officially moving out of his toddler bed on Wednesday. Yesterday Papa met me to pick out his bed. I'm kinda sad that he is moving up, but so excited too! I got some vintage cowboy sheets when he was less than a year old because I LOVED them. So for his bed I got a black bed, a trundle that is like a drawer, and a nightstand. I found a fleecy red blanket for his bed and ordered a darker denim comforter thing...but it isn't as thick as a comforter...more like a coverlet.
It will be so cute and I will post a picture of his first night in his big bed! He has been in his toddler bed for about a year and still doesn't get out of it. He just yells and screams for us to come save him. I'm shocked that he doesn't get out...he's a pretty smart little boy and I am kinda worried that he hasn't figured this one out yet.
I promise, ONE more thing...Hagen and his whining is just about to do me in. I've had it. BUT, we have found a trick. He goes to the "crying or whining room" and is free to come out whenever he is done! If he is crying or whining we say, "go to the CW room and just come out when you are ready to not C or W anymore!" He trots off to our bedroom and comes trotting back out withing a minute or so. He has spent alot of time in there lately. I swear he sounds like a little girl the way he whines!
We are off to a great start here in the Darney Hizzy...nice to have such a long weekend with New Year's Day being on a Friday!
Tata,
Carrie
Saturday, January 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We're moving Lainey soon, too. I don't want to! But, she's getting out on her own, anyway.
ReplyDeleteOur babies are getting big!
I am TOTALLY using the whining room.. ..although I may never see Ellery again. Can't wait to see the picture of Hagan's newly decorated room. I am looking for a black nightstand for Ellery's room--where did you find one??
ReplyDelete