Tonight we went to our 2nd session of little gym! Hagen is quite the character...he is definitely not shy and displayed really good listening skills while watching the teacher. He is really good at the balance beam and loves the bubbles! He did sock a girl in the face while popping the bubbles. It was totally on accident but I couldn't help but feel that I have a bully on my hands!
Daddy came too so it was the 3 of us getting our toddler workout on!
I do have an announcement...our little pee wee of a boy (2 years and 8 months old) is now 26 pounds! Woo Hoo! Still little but getting bigger! He lets us know all the time that he wants to do things himself...he says it with a long drawn out Texas twang "I wanna do it mySEAAALLFF". Cute!
The other night Ryan and Hagen were playing with blocks making Mama a princess castle. Ryan finds it funny to put things in the back of Hagen's pants...like a block. Hagen turned to him the other night and said, "Don't put that in my pants...it's germy"! Oh, OK...
I picked Hagen up from school last week and his teacher had to tell me a story. She had a funny conversation with Hagen...it went like this:
Hagen: "Miss Angie, what is your Mama's name?"
Miss Angie: "Michelle, what is your Mama's name Hagen?"
Hagen: "Princess"
Miss Angie: "I thought your Mama's name is Carrie?"
Hagen: "No, it's princess"
That's right baby, Mama's name is princess...and "curry".
We had a fun weekend and hung out. Saturday night we went to Cheesecake Factory with my parents and brother (the little one...the nice one) and his family. We had a wonderful dinner and my little boy even ordered his own food...cheeseburger and fruit. We then rode on the carousel and did a little shopping. On Sunday the Cowboy's were playing at 1:00 so I did my best to keep Hagen and I away from Ryan so that he could watch the game. He deserved it...I was out most of the week before for the funeral and Ryan was at home nursing Hagen back to health...he had RSV so had to cancel his trip last minute to join me in KC for the funeral to stay home with Hagen.
Hagen and I went to the grocery store, Lowe's, car wash, etc. On Monday morning I told Hagen to tell his teacher what he got to do this past weekend (thinking he would say something about the carousel) and he said "I went to the car wash!" I guess it IS the little things in life!!
While putting Hagen to bed tonight I was smoothing his hair while singing "you are my sunshine" and he stopped me and said, "Mama, stop petting me!". Totally ruined my moment...
One last thing...Ryan was not home for dinner tonight so Hagen and I ate dinner together. We had baked talapia, brown rice, and spinach salad. He loved it! Weirdo! I was shocked that he was eating it all like it was the best meal ever so I texted a picture to my Mom and Merrilee to show how crazy it was! Hagen told me to put my phone down and eat my dinner...you are right Hagen...that is rude and I'm sorry. I make him turn the TV off while we eat so that we can talk and there I am on my phone. I felt about 2 inches tall at that moment.
Nite nite all,
Carrie
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You all crack me up :)
ReplyDeleteOk, my freaking 18 month old daughter is 28 pounds. Seriously.
Have a good night, Princess... freaking hysterical. He's a smart boy.
Again, I'm cracking up over here! SAAEELFFFF. I can totally imagine. How adorable.
ReplyDeletePrincess? Where did the little punkin get that?? Too funny, Carrie!!
I, too, love the "I do it my saaelllf!" Carter used to say, "My try! My try!"
ReplyDeleteI love the little punks.
he also says things like "I do'ed this at school today" instead of "I DID this at school today"...funny guy
ReplyDeleteHe is such a little pumpkin! Those are the things you will remember when he is older. I am so glad to know what you were having for dinner on the text because I could not tell--you are fancy! Hagan is fancy for eating that. . .what a big boy!
ReplyDeleteNot fancy...fatty...Hagen had what we ate, but his rice had butter and parmeasan cheese. He ate cottage cheese and an orange for desert.
ReplyDeletePoor baby is the one that needs to fatten up and he is the one that eats healthy! I hide my candy from him and make him eat a fruit for a snack while Im hiding around the corner eating chocolate! Poor baby...
Tilapia? Really? My kids wouldn't touch that. Wish they would! That's great that he'll eat it!
ReplyDeleteThe princess thing is precious! He's such a sweet boy.