Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Little Gym

Hagen's little buddy in his class, Stone, has been going to little gym for awhile. He loves it so we decided to put Hagen in it as well! It's a parent/tot class so either Ryan or myself participate with him. I was the chosen one for the 1st time since Ryan had to pack to go out of town AND take down Hagen's toddler bed to prepare for the delivery of his twin bed.

Hagen was SO excited...he wasn't sure what he was excited about but I told him we are going on a special outing to the gym!

We go in and take our shoes off and Hagen's socks. Holy toenails batman! WHY haven't I noticed that my sons toenails were that long?! It was embarrassing but not as embarrassed as it would have been if I had to take my socks off. I still have a few specs of my summer polish on...I like to watch it disappear when my toenails grow...so it is on the very tips of my nails! Awesome...

So we go in and start the 45 experience. Hagen was dancing, running, hopping, and having a great time. Stone...not so much. He was so tired and a bit crabby...we are all entitled to have our day of crankiness.

Hagen did the balance beam and was gripping it with his toes...so cute. He did barrel rolls, jump and land on your feet, trotting, parachute, etc. It was so fun! What is sad is that Mama was out of breath running in a circle during the "warm-up" exercise. We are talking about 1 minute and I was jogging...and out of breath...how pathetic!

So the obnoxiously long toenails? Yep, one got bent back and was bleeding underneath a bit. He didn't seem to notice, but I did and felt so bad!

There was a little girl in the class that was about 1 1/2 and a new walker...she was ADORABLE! You know my feelings towards babies and wanting another. I could not take my eyes off of her! So much so that when I was supposed to be spotting my son while he was hanging from the monkey bar I wasn't paying attention and he fell off. No harm...he bounced back up and did it again. I felt really cool...and of course there were others there to "judge" me with their stares.

I think this is the type of exercise that is right up my alley! I may be really good at little gym!

Tata,
Carrie

1 comment:

  1. Good at little gym. Awesome. I haven't heard that Resolution yet.

    I can totally see Hagen loving it. Precious!

    ReplyDelete