OK...what is Hagen's deal lately? I mean, "I love my comfy sweater" is just enough right there. But there is something else that he likes. My makeup! My lovelies out there with girls that thought that boys would never be into such things...you are wrong. This morning he sat right next to me bobbing his head to the radio playing while I straightened my hair putting on his make-up. I was ready and said, "Let's go." and he said "wait Mama...I have to put lips on".
He puts powder on his hair, my powder eyeliner on his forehead, chap stick on his cheeks and mouth and teeth, and puts the lash curler to his eyes. THEN...then he admires himself in the mirror. It's so cute! Love that baby...
One more thing, Hagen loves his big boy bed! I go up and check on him before I go to bed to cover him up and make sure he is all settled. he is actually staying with his head in the right place AND under the covers! Of course I have them tightly tucked into the sides like a blanket straight jacket, so good luck wiggling around TOO much. Still waits for me to get him in the morning and doesn't escape!
Tata,
Carrie
P.S. I washed a diaper last night...obviously a wet one as it was all folded and secure like I do with his morning diapers. He is in charge of putting his dirty PJ's in the hamper and his diaper in the diaper pail...I guess this one got in the wrong bin!
Friday, January 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love those sweet mornings with my boys! They say the sweetest things, and you forget they drove you crazy the night before!
ReplyDeleteToo funny...
ReplyDeleteHe's a sweet boy indeed. T use to watch me get ready as a toddler but always seemed more interested in my shoes (the heels in particular). Enjoy it because before you know it he will be showering, using deodorant and sneaking sprays of dad's smelly stuff thinking he is "tight"! Hubby and I laugh when we can smell T from the other room!
Funny! He's just mimicking what he's seeing. Now if he's 15 and still doing, I might be a little concerned. :) My son likes my shoes. Nothing at all to finding him in my heels, a ballcap on his head, carrying a gun. He's well rounded!! LOL
ReplyDeleteSO totally natural. Dane already tries to put on my make-up. Last night we were at our friends' house and one of Ellery's boyfriends came down in a Sleeping Beauty costume. Not just any costume, but the pinkest, frilliest, off-the-shoulders kind of gown-quite funny!
ReplyDeletehee hee! all good fun mom! dressing up is such a thrill at that age. (my little one feels that way too!) what a cutie you have.
ReplyDelete