My brother and sister in law live about 2 miles from us. They have a little boy Noah that is 1 year younger and Hagen and Noah play so well together!
We have never babysat for each other! Why? Mainly because we are both so boring...we don't get out much...it's not in the budget, but mainly because we are homebodies.
Today I was talking with Ryan and we decided that we would offer to watch Noah for a few hours so that they could go to a movie they have been wanting to see.
They brought Noah over around 4:30 and Hagen was still napping. I will tell you that it is the HAPPIEST Hagen has woken up from a nap in a long time! He is a grump at first when he wakes up...takes after Mama for sure. He had the BIGGEST smile on his face when he came downstairs! They played trucks, played in the backyard, played guitar, danced, ate dinner, took a bath, and ran them selves ragged by the time Adam and Rebecca came to get him at 8:00.
We had a blast and honestly, it was nice to have a playmate for Hagen over to entertain him. I sat back and waited for the optimal photo op and just enjoyed watching them have a good time.
Hagen was a bit bossy at times and we often heard "No sir Noah...that's not good".
At dinner Ryan wanted me to take a picture of Noah with a beer by his plate. I was not aware of the beer being OPEN until Noah grabbed it for a drink. It spilled down his shirt. "Adam, sorry about the smell of stale beer on your kids shirt...we weren't watching them and they got in the fridge. We'll watch better next time!"
During bath time it was another story. They were splashing up a storm! I tried to settle it down but soon gave up. Noah is on Antibiotics and it messes with his stomach if you know what I mean. I had put a yellow and red color tablet in the water so it looked a bit orange. BAD MOVE.
Ryan and I were bathing the kids and letting them play and then Ryan noticed little bits in the water...not much but we knew right away what it was...reah! Ugh! GROSS!!
Ryan hopped in the shower and I threw both boys in with him. It was hilarious watching him try to juggle 2 slippery toddlers in our small shower.
So again to Adam: If your kid gets parvo it is from his own body...or hand/foot/mouth...or fecal poisoning...your kids fault.
They paid us with a piece of red velvet cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory. That's all I needed...and a good photo which you can see I got.
Nite nite,
Carrie
how fun! hopefully they grow up to be great friends!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet. . .you should definitely do that more often--take advantage of one another and get out, girl!
ReplyDeleteHow fun. They're adorable together!
ReplyDelete