Thursday, February 18, 2010

Hagenisms and stories

The other day while driving in the car Hagen said, “Mama? I’m so little…” It kinda made me sad for him. Not that it is a big deal right now, but he is listening to everyone that see’s him saying “He’s so little!” Now, it doesn’t bother me…I think he is adorable. But do you think it may start bothering him? He is little, but man…he is tough! Every once in awhile he gets this look in his eyes before tackling you…you know you are in trouble because he will “accidentally” hurt you whatever it is he is about to do! I have lost lots of hair lately from accidental pullings…and things just getting caught in my bird nest hair.

We were on our way to HELL…I mean Little Gym…and he told me that Mama drives a jeep (Honda Pilot, close enough) and Daddy drives a “Hick Up Truck” How cute is that! Hick up truck…ha!

There is a new hospital by our house…a small one and brand spanking new! Hagen asks what it is and I tell him that people go there when they are REALLY hurt or REALLY sick. He wants to go so bad…I have no idea why! So yesterday when I picked him up from school he said Madison bonked him in the head with a truck and he needs to go to the hopspital…not a mis-spelling.

When I picked him up from school the other day his teacher said that she had a funny thing to tell me. You see, there are two teeny tiny potty’s in his classroom. Well, he was going and looked over at Sweet little Juliette and asked her where her peanuts is. Hagen, come on now! Let’s stop this non-sense and enjoy being a toddler…you are too young to be into these “things”…gah! Plus it is FREAKING.ME.OUT!

Hagen is also perfecting his art of whining and stalling…has been for awhile. I have now started just ignoring him when he is asking for something by whining. He just keeps going! In the bathtub last night:
Hagen: “Mama, I want a drink of water, OK? Mama, I want a drink of water, OK? Mama, I want a drink of water, OK? Mama, I want a drink of water, OK? Mama, I want a drink of water, OK? Mama, I want a drink of water, OK?”
Finally I said, "do you know why I am not answering you?”
He said, “Because I’m Whining”.
Yep, you got it! So what does he do? He whines, “Mama, I want a drink of water, OK?”

We are starting to reward GOOD behavior. Like putting his socks on by his big self. Really it is just a test of my patience which by the way this morning I had N.O.N.E. We give him a sticker. This morning he finally earned his sticker and he wanted it on his back. Under his shirt. Uh, OK…

This may sound like complaining, I am not trying to. I love my baby more than words can describe, but I just don’t LIKE some of this little “fits” lately! I need to get a book…a thin one…with lots of pictures about disciplining boys. Any recommendations? I did the best toddler on the block. He is the best toddler on the block…OK, maybe just the ONLY toddler on the block.

Tata,
Carrie

5 comments:

  1. Scratch the book idea and buy a bottle of wine instead. I've read them all and my kids are still nuts. It's the age. Not you.

    Jack tells me he's little all the time, too. I say, "Look at my big boy!" And, he comes back with, "No, Mom. I widdle. Not big." Sweet baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are your peanuts at?!?! Hilarious!

    Whining. Oh the whining. I agree with Casey. Wine over the books. They eventually grow out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not looking forward to what this little girl is going to be like when she can actually speak to us.

    He's a cutie despite the whining!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The books are silly. You are doing a great job. It's their age. Tess is getting a smart mouth as well.
    I ignore with whining as well. Bram figured it out, Hagen will too.

    Peanuts! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The books will just tell you what you already know and do. You are doing an awesome job. The whining.....it grates on my nerves, too. Ellery could win an academy award in whining!

    ReplyDelete