I'm 35! Yesterday was my birthday. I tell you what, Facebook can really make you feel special on your birthday! Loved hearing from people I don't talk to often or haven't since grade school!
A co-worker of mine took me to Mi Cocina and then picked me up desert at La Madeline!
I left a bit early because I got a call from Hagen's school saying that he didn't have much of a temperature, but he woke up from his nap and was shivering and saying he was cold. He has been very calm so we knew he was trying to get sick.
I went to pick him up and he was in the sick room laying down with bear and blanket and his cheeks were so red. Poor baby.
I had dinner in the crock pot so that was covered and Rebecca my sister-in-law made me cupcakes!
We ate dinner and had a cupcake and then it was off to the doctor. Hagen was so cute...running around like he was just fine (isn't that how it always is), introducing himself (of course with his full name), stood still on the scale (he lost weight and is now at 25.6 pounds), and had a fever of 102.6! They did a flu test and strep...strep was positive, so he is now on antibiotics and we are home today.
Poor baby is just curled up on the couch sipping on his milk. The cleaning people are coming today around noon and I don't want to be here. I think we are going to go see The Chipmonks movie again. He is not contagious anymore...the doctor said after his dose this morning he is good to go back to school. I am not one of those Mom's that takes their kids to school quickly, but the movies? Sure...especially since it has been out for awhile and we may be the only ones in the theatre.
Here lies another reason I miss Mom. She is so great at keeping the beast when he is sick. Often times getting sick herself, but today would have been a good day for him to stay with her.
I am also a hypochondriac so I don't feel so hot today...achy and I think my throat hurts. Honestly if he had a cut on his leg I would start feeling like my leg hurts. I'm a baby!
Hagen was so sweet when Ryan put him to bed last night. Before he went upstairs to read he came to me and said Happy Birthday Mama in the sweetest "I don't feel good" voice ever. Melted my heart.
But the night was not good...up every hour crying, just not feeling good...coughing and sniffling. He must have heard Ryan get up this morning and leave because it was 5:45 and he was up for the day! I told him it was still dark out and still nighttime and he was not having it. I told him he could lay in bed with me till mornign. So he laid there kicking, flipping, everything BUT sleeping...we got out of bed at 7:15... I have a friend that has two little boys that are up for the day at 5:30 most mornings...I feel her pain...terrible!
Tata!
Carrie
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I so feel your pain!! I took my little one to the doc Friday just to be safe bc I thought he had an ear infection. Pedi came by to the room and told me both ears were infected AND he tested positive for strep. Fun weekend for us...or NOT! :) Hope your little guy feels better soon!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a great birthday until the dude got sick. Yuck. Lucky for you it was strep, that is easy to fix.
ReplyDeleteI will be 35 in April. I think we are pretty damn hot.
Happy belated!
ReplyDeleteLove you, Carrie! Happy Birthday.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Carrie! Love your Hagen stories. AND THOSE VIDEOS! OMG, he is just too cute. You're very skilled at typing what he says and how he says it.
ReplyDeleteHope he feels better soon!
Happy Birthday, sweet friend! Hope the little man is better soon--that is the worst!
ReplyDelete