Monday, February 22, 2010

Mom, come home!

OK, so I am one of those people that talk to my Mom at LEAST 2 times a day. I have for years. Not only do I but my little brother Adam does too. Adam is actually still attached by the umbilical cord and visits a few times on the weekend also.

Mom and Dad are on a cruise in the Caribbean with some family/friends. They left on Saturday morning and will not be back until Saturday. I'm sure it will be a fight between Adam and I on Saturday at who will talk to Mom and Dad first.

Being a recruiter makes me loathe the phone...but I will drop every thing to call Mom and tell her anything...and I really do mean anything!

The thing with Mom is that she will never ignore the phone calls like I do. Even when she knows that I can be Debbie downer at times she just listens to me. Sometimes she puts her $.02 in but mostly just listens...or does she?! I have caught her a few times after I ask her a question say, "well, I'm just doing laundry" or "your Dad is going to work late tonight" or whatever so I know that sometimes she just shuts me out. BUT, for the most part she listens.

Come home Mom...I have absolutely nothing to talk about and have no one to tell!

Tata,
Carrie

P.S. Last night we had corn "cwern" again and so tonight Hagen found something in the potty. He was showing Ryan what a big dump it was and said, "LOOK Daddy! There's cwern in my poo poo!" GROSS! I'm not sure if you know this but I am a recent corn eater. I have not really ever liked it, but I think this may get me to not eat it again after that! After he showed Ryan he had to come have me look...thanks Hagen...I'm so proud (and grossed out!)

6 comments:

  1. I am the same way with my mom. If I call in the evenings and they aren't home, I panic! Like they can't do anything but sit around and wait for my phone call. I hate it when I can't get a hold of either one of them!!!

    Yea for Hagen!!! Tessie Mayes is still so proud of her poops that she is still making us look at them when she is done. It is getting very old. WE GOT IT you now poop in the potty, let it go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the corn story.....I really could have done without though! :) LOL

    I work with my dad and my mom keeps my kiddo so I see/ talk to them both multiple times a day. I can't imagine it being any other way either. I guess it's a girl thing because my husband can go weeks w/out talking to his parents. They end up having to call us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha....love the corn story. So funny!

    I'm the same way with my mom...and dad (bc I work with him). My mom and I talk at least twice a day. Sometimes more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the corn story....it looks like Carrie is off corn, again. Your mom--I love the relationship you have with her. When I think of Ellery as an adult, I think of you and your mom. I pray we have that kind of relationship--it is one to be treasured! Ohh--now I am REALLY missing my mom. I hope they are having fun on the cruise--which islands are they visiting??

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH about the cwern! sorry, had to tell you how hard i am laughing right now...

    love it that you are so close with your family! it's so much fun to be so connected i think.

    i am obsessed with my mom. and my sister. i talk to my mom every day. this weekend was such a teaser, all of us being in the house together... i wish we all still lived in the same house! i hope my kids and i (and each other and my hubby) have that relationship when they grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom and I talk every day, too. She calls me every day on her way home from school, even if we have nothing to talk about!! I love my mom!
    Glad you have the relationship you do with yours. Lots of my friends don't. Makes me sad!
    Love Hagen and his poop stories. I always thought that was so strange about corn. Goes in the same . . . comes out the same. EWWWW!!

    ReplyDelete