Before I got pregnant with Hagen we had a cleaning lady. She would come every other week to clean and it was SO nice to come home to a clean house!
After Hagen was born we cut back on things. Not because he was here, but because I started working part-time and making ½ the money.
The idea here was that since I was not working full-time I would have the time to clean house after picking him up from “school”. All while cooking a healthy and balanced meal in my heels and freshly ironed dress with a cute, never stained apron! AND, my baby would be calmly watching Baby Einstein soaking up all the educational goodness. Then my husband would prance in, scoop up said baby, come over and dip me romantically while telling me how much he missed me that day.
WELL, that is not exactly what was going on. I would get the kiddo after work, come home and throw something in the sink to thaw and bake it later. Hagen and I would play a bit, but it was a lot of washing bottles, etc. You know, normal things. I could have easily cleaned a bathroom or 2, but didn’t feel like it. So I would save all housework for the weekend!
I am not someone who can clean a bathroom one day and dust something the next night. I want it all clean at the same time! It just happens to take up at least a ¼ of my weekend with laundry and cleaning. SO, I finally talked Ryan into hiring another WIFE! Woo Hoo! They came yesterday (a husband and wife…Maria and Roberto) and did a wonderful job! My floors will be moped every week, blinds dusted every week, they even unloaded the dishwasher, cleaned out my refrigerator, folded the towels in the dryer, added the towels that were in the washer and put my dirty sheets in the washer. AND they bring all their own stuff!
AND, my toilet paper was folded into a pretty little design…it’s the little things.
I feel a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. I never understood before having Hagen why there were stay at home Moms that had cleaning people. SHAME.ON.ME. I GET it now. The kiddo alone is a full time job, then you throw the cleaning on and it is 2 full-time jobs.
Welcome to the family my loves!
Tata,
Carrie
Friday, February 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Send them my way! :)
ReplyDeleteCould you send them to California? Also, could they do some nanny work as well?
ReplyDeleteEnjoy, Carrie!
ReplyDelete