Thursday, February 11, 2010

Record Snow in Dallas!

Hagen and I with our snowman!!!

Dapper decided to pose for a picture with us!

My little man



Hagen JSUT threw a snowball at Uncle Adam...don't worry, he got him back!


This is what we woke up to this morning...it was the start to a very pretty day!!

I just heard "Pete Dorkus" as he is lovingly called in the Darney Casa say that we have broken the record today for the most snow EVER in Dallas...9.4 inches! Yes, you heard it right AND it is still falling!

Now, it is not the snow that you normally would think of in Dallas. It is the actually fluffy snow...not sleet...not slick stuff. But tomorrow morning should be bad. Hagen's school is closed so no 50's Sock Hop Valentine's party (WTF anyway...sock hop?)
I went to work and just kept getting up to look out the window at the snow...it was so pretty! BIG flakes! I rushed home, met with a potential cleaning company for weekly house cleaning, and then scooped Hagen up from school. We headed straight to Uncle Adam's so we could let the boys play in the snow! We had a great time, the boys exchanged valentine's (Hagen gave crayons that I melted and Noah gave Hagen some candy). Sweet boys...
We came home and Ryan was chomping at the bit to get out to build a snowman! So fun! I could not believe how deep the snow is!
Nice dinner with the boys, updated photos on our photo website, and now watching Grey's and trying to decide if I need to cancel an interview for tomorrow morning (not mine...a candidate).
Hagen's teacher did say that he had his hands in his pants today before naptime and she told him to get them out and he told her "it's so big though!". Honestly, I am getting sick of saying things, but am so concerned. It is NOT normal...everyone keeps saying it IS normal...but he is 2 1/2...and says it ALL.THE.TIME. it's not like Ryan walks around and says his is big all the time. Honestly, it's only when Hagen is not around.
I'm so afraid of having that "little Johnny" in the class...ugh...just upsetting me.
Anywho, I have pillsbury cinnimon rolls in the fridge ready to pop in the oven for breakfast with my men and we will decide on the day's activities! I really need to go into the office, but really could use a snow day also!
Nite,
Carrie

7 comments:

  1. I love all the snow!!!!!!! So exciting. Yall enjoy your day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your snowman is impressive! It's just so, so big! Ha!!!

    Love all the pictures. Hagen is precious. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Alisha! That's awesome...it IS SOOO big!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty--you and the snow(love your braids). I still think it's funny that he says it is so big. I seriously doubt there is a problem--Dane already loves to take off his diaper and then just look at his pee-pee and touch it. I can't believe they start so young!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mer, I totally copied your braids! I had them in two ponies and the static was making them stick to my face like a beard! ha! So I braided them...I remember you in braids and a hat...so cute!

    ReplyDelete