Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Uncle Tom got hitched!

So on Friday Ryan and I dropped off the dog at the vet and Hagen at Nana's and we were off for a kid free weekend in KC,MO!

Uncle Tom got married and we had a great time! Even though it was his wedding weekend he got me 5 Sonic Teas...it was wonderful to have a never ending supply of tea...especially after the amount of alcohol we drink!! I think he is trying to be the favorite Uncle...truth is, I have wonderful Uncles...even dirty Uncle Robby (I say that because he has the dirtiest mind I have ever known a man to have!)

Ryan and I had a wonderful time and it was nice to spend time talking with family. It was the same family that we were with a few weeks ago at my Grandpa's funeral. We all have so much fun together! My cousin Shelley and her fireman hubby Joe were the ones that I really wanted to talk with. We both have younger kiddos so they keep us busy when we get together and adult conversation is difficult. She gave me some information that I am going to definitely use to try to have another baby. Something about ovulating early in your cycle or late in your cycle. I think it may be the key and I am all about it. Wish me luck!

It was funny...on Friday night we all got together and cooked taco's and drank alot (some of us more than others) so on Saturday we were feeling a bit rough to say the least. We wanted to hang out, but didn't want to stay at the hotel...or go to a sports bar...or anything like that. So we went to the mall, boys and girls split and said to meet back in 1 hour. NONE of us wanted to be there, but we wanted to hang out! We moped around for about 30 minutes and then called each other and said let's go. We went to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings and then went to get ready for the wedding!

So much fun! Great Food! Beautiful dresses! And alot of love...

After the wedding was done (12:00) we went back to the hotel and Ryan and I decided to hang out with my younger cousins and play drinking games...not smart...not smart at all...it didn't end until 3:00AM!!

We got up at 8:30, went to eat breakfast and headed to the airport.

We arrived at Nana's to scoop up Hagen at around 5:30 and he was so excited! He got new toys, new games, new attitude. He had a great time and was exhausted when we got home.

It was so nice to get away, not have to worry about Hagen, and have fun!

Here is a story that Nana told us:
When Hagen got up on Saturday Nana told him that they are going to church that night and he will have to behave. Hagen said, "I am not going to be HAVED". Nana told him that we are going to God's house and he has to. He said, "I don't like God's house".

Oh lord...Oops! I will be honest, we don't go to church. Nothing against it and we realize we should be, but we just don't go. I was baptised and confirmed before we had Hagen so I am a Catholic. I may get shot saying this but I have a problem with some people that go to church every Sunday but the other days of the week treat people like crap! To make that worse, those people that judge you and ask you if you go to church and make you feel bad...isn't one of the sins about judging someone? Ugh...bugs me. I do not believe that you have to be in church to talk with God...it can happen anytime, even driving in rush hour...that's my time with him.

Whoa! Sorry about that detour!

Later,
Carrie

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had fun!

    Agreed.....we do spend a lot of time in church, but I'd never criticize or judge someone for not. And, I can be a real B, so church is obviously not the cure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Carrie. You're so funny. Missed your posts! Glad Hagen still says "I am not going to be HAVED!" Haha!
    You are NUTS about Sonic Tea. I feel like I knew that...but seriously? 5? Yous crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In agreement, Carrie. I grew up going to church and have been on and off during my adult life. Regardless of whether I attend physically or not, my relationship with God has always been the same. I know people that think going to church every Sunday makes them better than others, and to me, that defeats the purpose of going.

    Sounds like a fun getaway for you and Ryan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you guys had a great getaway! 3AM?? Wowsers!

    I have this conversation with Hubby a lot about church. Totally agree with you. The only thing I will say about going to church is that it helps me STAY focused on my relationship with God throughout the week. To each his own!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun--you are a party momma. . . 3am--yowwwsser! Totally agree about the people who judge about church. I think there are MANY people who feel the need to go each week in hopes that their sins will be forgiven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 3 am? Seriously? You are crazy. BUT I am so glad y'all had a fun weekend without the little dude. Always needed!!

    And yes, you can ovulate at VERY weird times even when you are super regular. Trust me. That is how we were blessed with three pregnancies and two kids without trying. Ask me anything.

    ReplyDelete