Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine Weekend Update!
















We had a great weekend!


On Saturday we went to a hockey game. Evan is 7 and is Ryan's co worker's son. He is GREAT! His Mama was a figure skater for 16 years and his Uncle is a step below being a pro hockey player. Hagen was so excited to get a picture with Evan in his hockey gear and Evan even let him hold a glove.


From there we headed to Madison's birthday party. She is a classmate of Hagen's. The place where it was held was FREEZING cold. The only way to warm up? Join Hagen and his friends in the bounce house. There was dancing under bubbles, bounce houses, games, and cake with hats that were pink and said princess. Hagen had a blast and came home to take a 2 hour nap...IN.HIS.UNDERWARE! He was really excited to sleep in his under ware and we were nervous when he was sleeping so long. But he woke up dry and was pumped! Go Hagen!


Hagen and I decorated heart cookies for the grandparents and neighbors...one cookie got all the sugar because Hagen was licking icing off the same hand he was holding the sugar so it spilled out at once.


On Sunday it was Valentine's Day! Our Snowman finally lost his head and is now a heap of ice...sad, but ready for the snow to leave!


We took Hagen to hang out at Papa and Pia's house while we went to a movie. We saw Avitar in 3D...AWESOME! I now want to have a pet dragon, live in a tree house, and be an avitar because they have nice butts, flat tummy's and thin waists. :)


We came home and took naps, delivered our valentine cookies and had heart shaped sandwiches for dinner.


Hagen is now in bed and Ryan and I are relaxing about to watch TV.


Some funny Hagenisms:

1. Hagen told Ryan he had two belly buttons like Mama! We were both afraid to ask, but he lifted his shirt and pointed to his boobs. Ryan said they weren't belly buttons and thank the lord Hagen didn't ask what they were. Ryan and I decided to tell him it was his chest.


2. At dinner tonight Hagen asked for some milk. Daddy said he was going to get a beer so Hagen told me while I was getting his milk, "Mama, go get Daddy a beer". Now son, let's get this straight...FIRST you ask please and SECOND, Mama is the boss and will not be getting Daddy a beer...unless I am getting one myself. There...said...now obey.


Ryan and I got Hagen some new jeans. He wasn't there for us to try them on, but we came home and they are a bit big, but so cute! They are longer which is needed, and they have the grow straps in them. They are 18-24 month. I am so excited because it is 50's day at school tomorrow for their Valentine's Party that was supposed to be on Friday but school was canceled due to the snow.


I was going to roll a box of raisins in his t-shirt instead of stogies, but it is too cold outside so he will be sporting a button down, rolled up jeans, his high top converse and slicked back hair...can't wait to share pictures!


Night,

Carrie

6 comments:

  1. His outfit sounds precious! Can you add a plastic comb to his pocket? May want to do his hair, you know?

    Can't wait to see pics.

    Happy Valentine's Day, love!

    ps - Love your hair!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! Love the : Mama, get Daddy a beer! I bet your hubby was laughing about that one.

    Sounds like y'all had a fun weekend! Cute pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, your hair looks great! What is the secret? Did you use a diffuser? Air dry? Second, Hagan is the cutest little Valentine EVER--love the picture of him eating his apple and spilling the sprinkles everywhere. Lastly, I think it is great that Hagan understand his place in the world at a young age....mommies do not run and bring beer to daddies-especially on Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, so Mer...the hair. I comb through conditioner in the shower to get out tangles and then rinse...no more combing or brushing outside of the shower.

    Wrap it in a towel to get most water out, put mouse in it, and diffuse upside down. I am doing high heat medium blow...

    Someone told me not to "scrunch" my hair while diffusing, just pile it up on the diffuser and let it dry...think of those old lady hair dryers.

    I still have to use a stupid barrette at the top because it is out of control!

    And, no that is not an apple...it is a cookie! Cavities are for sure in our future...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, that picture with the sprinkles is adorable! Those kissing pics are framers. I can't get over what a cutie Hagen is. I want to hang out with him!!

    ReplyDelete