...I'm kinda down. The thought of going back to work is really making me sad. Let me first say it is not an option. Financially we need my paycheck. Plus I have a fabulous working situation with it being part-time, having benefits for me and the kids, and making pretty good money.
With Hagen I was in a very dark hole with PPD and I just knew that it was best for both of us if I returned to work. I was extremely stressed and felt lost. He was SUCH a good baby...it was almost like he knew that I needed him to easy so that I could take the best care of him. He hardly cried...he was a great sleeper, and just good.
Hazel is pretty good too just more demanding of me. BUT I am so in love with her! Breastfeeding is going very well, she is flipping cute as she can be, she has BIG eyes, etc. The night time is still a bit rough but is improving. When I said she was sleeping for 8 hours at night it was for a few nights...I jinxed it. BUT she eats fast and goes back to sleep so it is still good.
I trust where she is going to go while at work...they have told me that they will take big brother to go "check" on her throughout the day for the first week or so. They said it helps him make him feel like he is doing his big brother duties.
My Mom offered to keep her until she is a bit older (she will be 8 weeks old...yikes) but I am going to just put her in school. They can work on getting her on a schedule etc. and are very easy to work with...so accommodating. Plus I want to keep Mom rested for when I REALLY need her...like if someone is sick so that she can watch them and I don't have to use my time off.
So January 3rd it is...Ryan will be out of town that week so I am jumping in feet first and going with it.
Just had to "talk" about it... :(
Carrie
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I totally understand, honey! Maternity leave just goes by so fast. I was surprised, though, how much easier it ended up being to go back to work the 2nd time. I dreaded it, but I fell so easily back into the pattern. I hope this is the case for you too! *hugs*
ReplyDeleteYou can do it, Carrie! I think you're smart to go ahead and just jump right in. The quicker you are in a routine and the kids are settled, the happier you'll be.
ReplyDeleteAnd, your work situation is simply too good to leave. You'd be a fool to let it go. You still have a ton of time with your kids, being part time, and I know this will all even out in a bit.
Call/text/email/pigeon carrier me anytime you need to!
Good luck!! You can do it. please remember though.... if you need help, ask for it!! You sound as though you have a great family.... use them if need be!! Don't try to be a super mom. :)
ReplyDeleteHang in there Carrie. you are totally justified in your feelings. I know once you are back in your routine it will get easier. Maybe it will even help with Hazel's nighttime routine since they are so great with her school. Plus so sweet they will let Hagen see her too! You are so lucky to have your great flexible work hours and great pay. You have been off during the perfect time of year too! Shopping, Santa, parties, yummy food. Plus you have your awesome Mom to step in at the drop of a hat if you need anything. Such a blessing! Plus, if Ryan is gone a lot, you will be happy to have some adult conversation and vent time during the day! Merry Christmas! Love, Sally
ReplyDeleteI am all for just jumping right in. Hard, but better for everyone to just get the routine going!
ReplyDeleteYou'll do great!
Good luck, Carrie!! You can do this. It's hard, but you'll make it work and it will be good for everyone.
ReplyDeleteI can't get over how cute these two punkins are!! Merry Christmas, my friend!
Oh, Carrie. You will be great! I am sure the craziness of the holidays is adding to the anxiety, but I know it will be fine once you start. It is just getting back into your groove that may take a little time. Hang in there...call me if you need me. Oh--and I have some GOOD stories about my trip to tell you.
ReplyDeleteIf anyone can do it, you can. You are such a great mom, and you'll find your groove! Let the holidays pass, and all will calm down and return to "normal". :)
ReplyDeletehang in there carrie! you can do this. and we are all here for you to support you in whatever way we can. I don't have to get up for "work", but I can totally understand what it's like to have your hubs gone. Mine travels every single week. and when #3 was born, he left for OKC for 6 months. it is hard. I get it! but you can do it. You are a wonderful mom!!! never forget that. you can always call or email me....i don't judge! promise
ReplyDelete