Monday, December 13, 2010

Random of "what's going on" in the Darney house!

Hi world! We're alive...I've just been focusing on things and trying to prepare for the next journey which is going back to work! I will be ready...I'm not nervous...it's more of I just want to get in a place where I have a set schedule and everyone is happy go lucky! Well, as happy as I can make it. It doesn't have to be perfect.

The thing is I don't know when I'm going back. I'm working with the maternity leave company we go through and it is a butt load of paperwork. I may start as early as the first week in January...I thought I had until the 2nd or 3rd week in January. Panic kinda set in...

With Hagen I started when he was 10 weeks...but that was no maternity leave.

Below is Ryan's view of life with 2! Cute huh?!
Hazel will be 6 weeks on Thursday...I have my 6 week doctor appointment (ba chicka ba ba...) on Thursday also. I hope to get things back to normal if you know what I mean. To have that piece of normalcy in life is nice. Ryan has been doing so much to make sure my life is as easy as possible. He gave me a spa day at Stonebriar Spa last night...1 hour massage, 1 hour facial, and 1 hour pedicure. SO sweet and SO appreciated! Problem? Hazel is attached to me and I am to her. BF'ing tends to make you not be able to get away. BUT I am going to!

Sweet baby below having some play time on her activity mat...
Yesterday my friends Andrea, Katie, and Jodi threw me a sip and see. They wanted to throw me a shower and I was adamant about not wanting one. I didn't need that much so I felt kinda greedy. I don't mind going to other people's showers for 2nd or 3rd kids...I'm just personally uncomfortable with it.
There were 23 ladies there and I felt SO loved! Hazel was good and was fine with being passed around. There were girls from high school and some of their Mom's. It was at Andrea's house and she had it all decorated for the holidays...it was beautiful!! Like Allison...she can decorate like no other!!
Check out Hazo's big eye balls...she always looks surprised.
Hagen is continuing to warm up to her. She was crying when we got him from school one day and he said, "It's OK Hazo...Big Brother is here" and then proceeded to let her watch Calliou with him as pictured below...OK...so it only lasted 3.4 minutes but I had the camera ready!
I've been pumping to save up for work so Ryan has been able to feed her some bottles! She is doing very well with either so that is one thing that I don't have to worry about. Now if she would only take a paci...that would be fabulous!
Doesn't she look like "too tall Jones" below? Daddy long legs? She doesn't crunch up like most little babies...she is all laid out.
Onto some random thoughts:
1. I sent Ryan to the store to get some cupcake mix so Hagen and I could bake together. Ryan stood in the cake aisle for a long time and finally had to ask a lady where the cupcake mix is. She had to inform him that cake mix is the same as cupcake mix. Moron...
2. The other day Hazel took a 3 hour nap in her swing! I did laundry, wrapped gifts, switched my closet, did a toy and book audit, and ate...it was a GREAT time to get things done and so happy she cooperated!
3. We have been making Hazel cry it out. She goes to bed around 6:00 or 6:30...she cries for about 5 minutes and falls asleep. Last night she slept until 2...that is almost 8 hours! WOO freaking HOO!!
4. Sista is getting the boot. She has been sleeping on Ryan's side of the bed. Daddy needs to move back in so Hazel is now in a pack and play...napping. They say it is not that the baby wants to stay...it's more of the mom/parent. I can see that so we are breaking her like a wild stallion this week!
5. Hagen is just adorable. He has alot of pent up energy lately though. Not terrible, but just a bit crazy. BUT there are worse things. I'm just happy to have 2 healthy happy kids (I think they are happy). Sometimes you just have to remind yourself that we all have off days. I think of this often.
6. With the holidays being here my older brother is on my mind alot lately. Not sure if all of you know but I have an older brother in Allen. He married a monster and she has succeeded at pulling him away from his family. It has been 3 1/2 years since I have seen him and they have only met Hagen once. He didn't know I was pregnant and I sent a birth announcement last week. I wonder if he even cares...or if she threw it away and he doesn't know...or if he is hurting. I'm so angry at him for letting her do this to our family ...BUT I feel good in knowing that I did everything I could do to salvage any kind of relationship with them. I sleep good at night knowing that I have done so...
7. I MUST finish shopping! I feel so behind!!!
8. Allison, I hope you don't think I am ignoring you. I do want my shades. I just feel like a total hermit lately and the thought of anyone coming into my mess of a house makes me want to hurl...BUT it's really not that bad and will be contacting you to come squeeze the babe...oh and squeeze Hazo too if you want.
Tata,
Carrie




7 comments:

  1. I LOVE those pics of sweet Hazel. So sad to have missed the sip-n-see....you must call me and tell me all about it. Good job with the crying it out. I know some people who REALLY struggle with the baby because they can't get them out of their room. Good idea for everyone's sanity. Oh--and I'm pretty sure Darin would have the same issue with cupcake mix--ha, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breaking her in like a wild stallion: Love it.

    Sounds like you're getting a routine down, and life is getting back to normal.

    Thanks for the props. You're awesome.

    Can't wait to squeeze the babe.

    So sorry about your brother. Family issues can be really hard, especially during the holidays. It makes it even harder when a sibling marries a jackass but refuses to acknowledge it causing major family drama. I don't get it. When it comes to the point that your idiot spouse is reeking havoc amongst the whole family, you'd think the sibling married to the wacko would get the picture. Hang in there. You have so many wonderful things to happy about right now. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Ba chicka ba ba" = awesome.

    Love the picture of Ryan and kids!

    Great update. Been missing you!

    Love the header pic, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh shit, my littlw one just figured out how to climb out of the high chair. Hazel is beautiful and Hagen is being such a great big brother. It does get easier and more restful. you are doing great!!! none of my babies ever took a bottle, still can't get chris off the tit!!! and just like a dad to carry the baby like a potatoe sack, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hazel looks just like you!!!!

    Hagen's energy is super normal. Bram was the same way. Once things get back to normal, so will he.

    My kids were bottle bebes. My boobies didn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the new header. i love those kinds of pics of with santa.

    the pic of ryan with the kids is hilarious. framer for sure.

    life with 2 is so fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so beautiful!! Love the pics of her and her big brother.

    She's 6 weeks and she already sleeps 8 hours??? You rock! What the hell am I doing wrong?? My kid is 21 months and barely sleeps 8 hours. I'm so beat down. However... I'm cracking up about the cupcake mix. I'm pretty sure I can see Trey standing in the aisle like that too....hilarious!

    Great update!! Sounds like things are going well and the routine is being established. Such a good feeling!

    ReplyDelete