Ryan really had to step up this past week with parenting. I thought I had a sinus infection but it turned out to be a horrible cold. Why does "a cold" sound so simple? I mean, colds are no joke! I'm such a baby...moving on.
I finally felt well enough Saturday afternoon to go to our company holiday party. This year we had it at a ranch and we had the best time! It was from 5-9...we actually stayed til about 8:30!! It is so neat seeing all of the kiddos and how much they have grown over the past year.
Hagen made a HUGE step! There was a DJ and the kids were all dancing. One "couple" was a brother and sister. Hagen said he wanted to dance with someone. I pointed out a darling little girl who was 3 1/2 named Isabella. I said, "Why don't you go ask her to dance?" He was nervous but he did it and she accepted. It was so cute watching his first "date". Now I said she was 3 1/2 which she is...but she is very tall for her age so she was towering over him. She had a cute red smocked dress on and 2 blond pigtails.
Santa came. Hagen got smelly markers that he wanted so bad from the book fair (I went and got the last one when Ryan got home from work). He was SHOCKED that Kirby actually told Santa about the markers because he forgot to tell Santa when he saw him at the mall. By the way, a book fair needs to sell books. I was called a mean Mommy for a whole damn week because of those markers. It is a fight that I won but it wasn't without some pain.
Hazel was so scared. Hagen wanted to take her up when her name was called. So he held her hand and walked her up to get her gift. She was crying but she went with him. So cute...
The past 2 bath nights I have round brushed Hazels hair while I am drying it. It looks so cute! kinda big at first but then it lays down nicely.
I am starting on my diabetic diet this week. I need to just eat better and also I'm spending about $6/day downstairs in the cafe. It does add up...every little bit helps.
I need to get into the holiday spirit! The weather is so warm lately that it is hard! I feel so bah-humbug...
I'm ready to start this week...last week with not feeling that well just completely threw me off!
Another thing that has been on my mind alot is that there was a horrible tragedy on Friday. A 20 year old asshole shot and killed 28 people at a school. I just can not wrap my brain around this. Why? WHY? Most of the victims were innocent children. Brave teachers acted on impulse to save their kids...some in trade for their own lives. It is just horrible.
Carrie
Monday, December 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment