Hazel has officially entered the terrible twos. She is darling, she is potty training herself, she loves babies, she understands when you tell her to do something...BUT...she is defiant, strong willed, and sometimes very hateful to those around her!
For example...Pink is her favorite in clothes. We have a battle every morning if she doesn't have PINK on. today she had on a pink diaper cover so I escaped unscathed. She wants pink PJ's, Pink bows/flowers in her hair, pink pink PINK! Barf....
On the way to school this morning she was throwing down because she wanted Daddy to take her to school. We stood firm and I took the kids. She was kicking my chair, throwing anything she could, screaming, crying, yelling NO, etc. She then yelled "ABC's" which means she wants her ABC song to play. I tell her, "not today Hazel. You have been naughty this morning. Maybe tomorrow you can be sweet and we can listen to it." Never thought I would use the ABC song as punishment?!? What?
She picks her nose and eats it...she bites her fingernails...it's lovely.
She got to take an ornament to school for show and tell on Monday. She chose the pink ballerina (I have no idea where I got it from). Well on Tuesday it was bring a holiday book...Hagen picked out Frosty the Snowman. She didn't want to take a book...she wanted to take her ornament again. We explained to her it was bring a book to school not an ornament...tantrum ensued...being kicked in the back of my chair on the way to school happened. It is really making me start my day off WAY wrong.
I love her...she is darling...when she is sweet she is really sweet. But this phase (i hope it is just a phase) is wearing me out. We have introduced sassy sauce (apple cider vinegar) as we did with Hagen as well as the "crying room" which is our bedroom. She has to go sit in there until she stops crying and then she can come out. It worked really well with Hagen to get control of himself on his own time.
Just venting...
Carrie
Wednesday, December 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment