Friday, December 21, 2012

Compassion

Hagen's teacher sent a note home saying that Ryan and I would want to come to their "Friday Live" on Friday morning at 8:30.  It is basically the school Pep Rally.

The theme for the month is compassion.  They showed a video that the 3rd graders put together to demonstrate what compassion is...sit with someone at lunch that is alone, help someone up if they fall, pick up things that someone dropped to help them out, etc.

Then they started an awards ceremony. There were 2-3 kiddos per class that were chosen my their teachers to receive the compassion award (AKA a Bennett Bear Dog Tag).  Hagen Darney was on there!  He was so proud...Ryan and I beamed with excitement at his first award ceremony.

He really is compassionate.  He loves hard. He is so gentile and caring about Hazel.  He is emotional at times because he cares so much.

This is just one of the proud moments of many more to come Hagen...your Dad and I are so very happy for how you are turning out.

Tata,
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment