Friday, January 3, 2014

The kids played Santa alot this season!

At Hagen's school they foster a school for Christmas.  A school that has some kids that are less fortunate than most or their families are just flat out having a tough year.  So kids were encouraged to bring a new toy.  Hagen was SO excited to pick out something.  He ended up picking Twister...and I snuck one in for him for Christmas as well. 

 At Hazel's school they had a Toy Drive and we were encouraged to have our kids pick a toy that they would like to have and donate it.  Hazel could not decide between a baby doll she picked and a stroller.  They were both not very expensive so we got both.  She was so excited to give a baby doll (which I was shocked at).  Hagen wasn't there so I picked out a skateboard for his donation.  He thought it was pretty cool...he doesn't have one...it will probably never enter our house.  Coordination is not one of Hagen's strong suits yet...BUT I think it will be!

Another thing that we do is a tradition that I got from my Dad.  We had 3 envelopes this year all holding $100 bill.  I picked 3 people and gave them the envelope and said Merry Christmas and drove away.  Hagen and Hazel were in the car with me and I explained that I would drive around and seek out someone that may look like they are walking to the store...or are at the bus stop...just someone that I think would really have a happy heart if they got some money to spend on their loved ones for Christmas. 

Well, later that night Hagen handed me a wadded up piece of paper and said we need to go.  I asked why and he said he had to give a gift away.  I opened it up and it said "Merry Christmas" and had $6 from his wallet in it.  I melted...I told him that he can keep his money and I would give him some of my money to give and he insisted he wanted to use his own money.  We didn't get around to giving it away but I was so proud.  They do watch and learn. 

Mom and Dad got the kids an ant farm for Christmas.  Not just ANY ant farm but one that has clear gel and LED lights that make it glow.  Our ants arrived yesterday and are now starting to dig their tunnels so that should be interesting...I taped  the top down just in case...they are quite big for ants!!

Today Hagen had bring a friend to school at his Day Care.  He chose to bring a long time friend Logan.  They have been in daycare together since they were one until about 4.  Logan's Dad is the coach of their baseball team.  Logan also has a little sister Addison (Addy) that is Hazel's age.  Hazel was a bit jealous that Addy couldn't come to her school...that was hard to explain.  I distracted her by telling her Mr. David was coming.  Logan and Hagen are going to see Frozen at the movies.

Tata Casey (since you are the only one that reads my blog)
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment