Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ahh...the "WHY?" stage...

Hagen has always been very perceptive. He is a detail oriented guy and talks alot. He has always asked lots of questions.

But dear lord. The "WHY?" stage has taken the cake! It's kinda funny to me because I remember my mom always talking about how my little brother was the WORST about asking why over and over and over. I think I have given birth to my brother because Hagen is too.

Tonight on the way to dinner (yes I took him out to eat the second night in a row because I am lazy and Ryan is out of town...plus it was Uncle Julio's and Mama wanted fajitas...and queso) here was the conversation:
H: Where are we going?
Mama: On a date!
H: Why?
M: because Daddy is still out of town and I don't want to cook
H: Why?
M: because I just don't
H: Why not Mama?
M: Because I said so
H: But why?
M: (I want to run into this wall with my car) it is Mama's night off
H: Why Mama?
M: Look, we're here!

This was one of many WHY conversations. They are kinda funny...at first. The thing about Hagen is that he is a bit pushy. He will keep asking until you REALLY answer it!

I think it is because he is just exceptionally smart and cute and fun and smart and way cute!

Tata,
Carrie

4 comments:

  1. Totally agree--Hagan James, you are a genius who is also exceptionally adorable. You just keep on asking mama those questions, she should always answer you with a thoughtful and insightful response.

    We just watched a comedian last week who based his entire performance on this subject--HILARIOUS! If you weren't prego, you could have had a margarita at dinner to off-set the spinning head!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have given birth to your brothers clone!! Sometimes I'd get so frustrated with Adam I'd tell him to wait and ask his Dad!! Especially questions like " Why is the sky blue" ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally started answering Carter with, "Because God said so." It worked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I answer the way Allison does, "because of God." and it works like a charm!

    I'm so happy for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete