Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Grr!

Ryan is going out of town again. It is totally not his fault, but it just bugs me! I know there are hubby's out there that travel way more than Ryan and I really don't know how you ladies do it! I get so lonely.

We skipped Little Gym last night...I think I am going to be a little gym dropout and you know what? I could care less! The teacher's screechy voice is enough to put me over the edge. Now, I will say that the kids love her...I'm just being a brat.

Hagen and I are going on a date tonight with one of Mama's friends and then tomorrow night we are going on ANOTHER date with one of Hagen's little teachers, Ms. Angie. She is moving in April and I think Hagen is one of her favorite. I'm so excited that I don't have to cook! You know how I am when my man is out of town. Lord...if he traveled 100% I would be as big as a house from going out to eat every night...and poor!

So, I buy most of Hagen's clothes. I pick it all out and I love doing it. Ryan will buy a signature piece here and there like:
1. Wranglers
2. Camo rain boots
3. Camo hoodie pullover from Bass Pro
4. Dear hunter shirt
5. Baseball Hat

You get the idea. Which is totally fine, not complaining at all. But today was bring your rain boots to school day! Hagen was so excited to bring his camo rain boots to show his friends. He marched in and promptly told the teachers "My Daddy got these for me!!!" Wow...he must be pretty special...way better than your Mama that dresses you from head to toe EVERYDAY. ;)

Oh, and an update on Hagen and his new t-ball set. Ryan was at softball last night so Hagen and I were playing t-ball in the yard. I think he may have some skills! Athletic skills! Like a real athlete! He is making contact with the ball every time! Now, you may think this is kinda of a no brainer, but we were thinking that he really didn't get the athletic gene. My side is in the band with a bit of running in it. Ryan...he is all sports...soccer, football, baseball, you name it. Ryan was SCRAPPY! In High school he was "the fastest white kid in Plano" for his graduating year...the "white" kid part was in there because one of his buddies Kenny was the fastest...so really Ryan was the 2nd fastest. Kenny and Ryan were both shorter than the others, but man...they were SCRAPPY and FAST. I got to cheer for them in 9th and 10th grade...they were good...I just had a flashback of Ryan's hiney in Mrs. Newman's English class...was it 9th or 10th grade Mer? Drool...

We will not be parents that push him to do something WE want him to do, but I am so happy to see him be interested in t-ball...Ryan would be SO.EXCITED. Honestly, over the moon...

Tata,
Carrie

P.S. first sonogram and appointment on Tuesday can NOT get here fast enough...

4 comments:

  1. It was 9th grade. . . .I am drooling just thinking about it(did I say that out loud?). What a cute tush your husband has!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, Merrilee! Ha!

    Yea for your first sono, I can't wait to hear about it!

    Your baby boy is a darling one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute that you still lust over your hubby and his hiney!

    Can't wait to hear about the 1st sonogram. Seems like it's been FOREVER.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The travel is tough, but you're handling it beautifully.

    I've never gotten the whole "gym" class type thing. I know it's popular, but I never did it. Don't blame you for fading away if that is what you choose. Hagen's too young to understand your not completing the classes.

    ReplyDelete