Yep, so I took myself to the doctor after work and just KNEW I had gotten strep from my little man. They gave me a strep test and the damn thing was negative! I left there with a prescription for a Z-Pack just in case I wasn't feeling better by tomorrow.
He told me to do Zyrtec and Nasacort...so it is just allergies! I have not had allergies most of my life, but in the past few years I have developed them. I got myself a Netti Pot and swished out my sinuses...I think it actually worked!
I went to pick up Hagen from school and told him that Mama was icky sicky and we need to go get medicine. Whenever we go to the store he wants (and usually gets) candy. Here was the conversation in the car before we went into CVS:
Hagen: Mama, is there going to be candy there?
Me: Yes Hagen but we are getting medicine for Mama
Hagen: Can I have some candy Mama?
Me: No candy today Hagen
We went into the store and he was holding my hand. We gathered our things and went to pay. Not sure if you have noticed but at CVS the whole wall beneath the cashier is CANDY HEAVEN! Hagen just stood there STARING at all the candy. He didn't touch, whine, reach, ask or anything! I paid for our things and we left...just like that!
I got him in the car and told him I was so proud of him for listening to Mama and being such a big boy and followed it up with thank you. He said "your welcome Mama". I got in my seat and reached in the glove box and got him out some tic tacs and gave him 3...he was so happy.
When we got home he asked me what was in my mouth and I said Bubble Gum. He said back to me, "Gubble Gum?" Cute boy...
Tata,
Carrie
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hope you feel better..i've been under the weather too. boohoo.
ReplyDeletegood Hagen on the candy!
How precious is that?! You're such a good mama, and he is so dang sweet. Hope you feel better!
ReplyDeleteHaha gubble gum.
Sorry you're sickly, Carrie! Hope it doesn't turn into more than just allergies. Phillip uses a netti pot a lot during allergy season and I think it helps him too.
ReplyDeleteHope you feel better. Trey does the nettipot every single morning in the shower. He swears by it.
ReplyDeleteHagen is so cute and such a good boy!
Such a sweet boy! Gubble gum. Love it!
ReplyDelete