Hagen is a small fry. He is little...he never really had the cute rubber band wrists that alot of babies have. His fingers are alot like those little LITTLE baby carrots!
I had my first urgent call to come get him from school today because of an accident. He got his baby carrot shut in the door and two little turds (I mean boys) were pushing the door harder on his pinkie. The lady at the front called me and said you need to come get him and I'm pretty sure he needs to go to the doctor. I asked if the skin is broken and if there was blood. She said neither, but it is swollen and he is pretty upset.
I drove fast and got there only to be stuck talking to the lady up front for about 10 minutes about kids slamming their fingers in doors. She also said she may have over reacted and he may not need to go to the doctor (meanwhile I already had called the doctor and was set to be seen after I pick him up). I finally escaped and started to go towards his room quickly. I was on a mission...but his teacher that talks alot blocked me...mind you I have yet to see my little boy.
She started asking me if I had heard what happened, I said yes and if you want to talk to me you need to follow me because I need to see Hagen. She said I know you know about the finger, but did you hear he got scratched too? Another little punk in his room that is notoriously a bully scratched him not once, but twice! Grrr...GRRRRRRR! Mama Bear MAD!
I didn't...I was irritated...I wanted to see my kid and check out his finger and see how bad it was!
I finally made it out to the playground where he was snuggled up to Ms. Angie with a rubber glove filled with cool water on his tiny finger. It was swollen a bit with a little LITTLE scratch on it. He started BAWLING! Basically had to reenact the whole ordeal. Poor baby. I told him we were going to see the doctor and he was terrified of getting a shot. I told him no shots but if he was good he would probably get a sucker...which he did and he picked pink.
We went to the doctor and he is fine. BUT, you would honestly think that he is barely hanging on. He has been talking in the whiny "poor me" voice since we got home, he can't eat with his hands because he has an owie, just everything.
Poor baby has a hurt carrot, I'm pregnant and exhausted (and very happy), and Ryan is out of town. SO, what to do?
We ate spaghetti for dinner (leftovers)...
Put our PJ's on without taking a bath...
We are watching Air Buddies...
and then we are going to bed!
I'm so excited...Hagen gets a bath pretty much every night, so I figured that he can miss one...I'm feeling a bit lazy so this is the perfect night to do so! I told him we are having special movie night (while I am sitting here blogging).
Please say a prayer that his finger doesn't fall off in his sleep...from the sound of it he may lose it.
Tata,
Carrie
P.S. His glove of "cool" water is now almost hot and he is STILL walking around with it on his finger. Mind you he is holding it with a grip WITH his hurt finger.
P.S.S. I took another test this morning to make sure I was in fact Prego. I kept getting asked how many tests I took....when I would say 1 I would get an "OK, well do you have another one you can take?" To put my mind and some other's minds at ease I took another one. We are all good...still "yes".
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Poor little, Hagan. Those bullies better watch their backs! It sounds like he may have some feelings that hurt more than his owie. Give him kisses from his aunt Merrilee!
ReplyDeleteSweet boy! I will never forget T being scratched by some kid in day care and how upset I was by it all. Now, I get get the call from the principal because he give Indian burns. Ha!
ReplyDeletePrayers for his little finger :)
And I took 2 test with T and 3 with Maci, just to make sure it was real! SO happy for you :)
Poor little carrot finger! Hope he's able to use it tomorrow! ;)
ReplyDeleteSo exciting! Isn't it funny how exciting it can be to pee on a stick when you see 2 lines! Nothing better! I'm so happy for you!
Poor Hagen and his baby carrot! Hope his owie is better today.
ReplyDeleteUm, I took FIVE tests to be sure. :)
Poor little Hagen!!! OMGoodness! Bless his heart! I hope it's better today!
ReplyDelete