Thursday, March 11, 2010

Date night, Hagen's finger, and questions...

Ryan is out of town...has been for two nights now. I'm ready for him to be back home! Hagen and I had 3 nights in a row of spaghetti which was wonderful (Coco, that recipe for the sauce is to die for) but it was time to switch it up. So we went on a date.

We rode the carousal, watched ice skating practice, and then went to Cheesecake Factory. I know it sounds like we do this alot, but we don't really. I just like that we can ride the horses and eat at Cheesecake mainly!! Now, I will say that I don't get the cheesecake...I am in love with the Chinese Chicken Salad...MMMGood!

Hagen was good for the most part except when he is approached he is doing that bratty little "acting shy" but really just being a little turd. But as always he was a good little date and I had fun with him.

His hurt carrot was not mentioned all day until we got home and it was bath time. He told me he couldn't have a bath because his finger hurt. He then proceeded to show it to me, but oops...it was the wrong one. So he looked at it and then pulled his other hand (with the ouie on it) and changed his mind. You see there is a little LITTLE scratch on the hurt one.

Last night was rough. Sweet boy was crying from about 9:15 until about 10:30. I kept going up and down the stairs to cuddle with him. I do this most of the time when he wakes up crying because he just really DOESN'T wake up crying. He was NOT going back to sleep. I finally kicked the pets out of my room, laid out his sleeping bag, and told him to go to sleep. Done, not a peep until about 7:00 this morning. I LOVE waking up beside him. I looked over the edge of my bed and his eyes were just wide open and he had the sweetest "I'm so happy to be alive and how fun is it to wake up by Mama" smile on his face. I swear, next time he sleeps in my room I'm going to put the camera by my bed and capture that sweetness first thing in the morning. It's kinda like when you have that newborn and you are SO.TIRED and don't want to get out of bed at 3:00 AM, but then you see those little beady eyes and you just relax and fall in love all over again.

One last thing on my mind. Now I am only 4-5 weeks pregnant. My boobs hurt but that is all. I'm not tired, not sick at my stomach, not eating crazy amounts of food, no cravings, etc. When I was pregnant with Hagen I was bleeding, cramping, in so much pain, exhausted, etc. but it was because I was on all sorts of medicines to become pregnant with him and developed cysts that busted and blead. This is SO out of the ordinary for me.

I called the nurse this morning and told her I feel like I should be watched more closely...am I high risk because I am over 35? Am I high risk because I had trouble conceiving the first time?

She really put my mind at ease. It is too early for me to be nauseous or tired or any of those things and NO, i'm not high risk. I am at a higher risk for something to be wrong with the baby after 35...no higher risk for the pregancy sake. So I am good now. Feel much better...

I have started the Gestational Diabetes diet already. I am going to try to keep myself from getting that again if I can help it. It may not help but it will help me from gaining 30 pounds by the time I was 1/2 way through the pregnancy!

Tata,
Carrie

5 comments:

  1. Liam has slept through the night only once and when I got up that morning I totally missed seeing him in the middle of the night. Now, he's back to waking up once and I enjoy seeing his little smile...even if it is 3am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it wild jen?! I mean, yes you are tired, but it makes you feel better when they are so excited to see you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree! We have a strict no babies in bed policy unless it is after 5:00am. Darin is gone this week, and Ellery has come into bed with me for the past 2 nights(I secretly like it). Nothing sweeter than being greeted by this little person who is TRULY excited to see you first thing in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet guy, indeed!

    I wish there was a no baby in the bed rule, in my house. Ha. Hubs has been gone for the last three nights and I've had both kids in my bed. I was even kicked out of my spot to make them more comfortable. Seriously. I need an intervention.

    ReplyDelete