Sunday, March 7, 2010

Great weekend!

Friday night we had Nana and Papa Tom over for dinner! I made shrimp creole and it was SO good! It had been awhile since we had gotten together and we had a great time!

On Saturday I got a pedicure (much needed) and then helped Ryan pull weeds (actual weeds this time) in the yard. Hagen and Ryan mulched. It was so pretty outside and had me dreaming of the summer...so over the winter!

My parents and Adam's family came over and we grilled out steaks, had roasted potato's (Dad's favorite), cheese grits (Mom's favorite), and salad. So.Good. My Dad can grill some serious steaks.

The boys had a blast running around the yard, playing, eating, watching Cars, ate cream puffs that Papa bought them (what a royal mess...but cute), and just hanging out.

I was on pins and needles all day because it was day 28 which is when I start if not before. Ryan and I didn't want to possibly ruin the night by seeing a negative test result. So I had a few beers and just tried to relax all the time thinking that I could be pregnant.

On Sunday morning I went to Sonic to get my tea and Hagen a Jr. burrito and headed to CVS.

I'll cut to the chase...WE.ARE.PREGNANT! Oh my gosh..I still can't believe it. I am OVER the moon excited. I calculated the due date and it is around November 14th.

We tried something different this past month. I talked to my cousin at a wedding last month and she mentioned that she ovulates early. So we tried to start the every other day marathon early...as in day 12. I'm not sure if that was why it worked, but I believe it was the trick!

I'm off to eat raw cookie dough that I made yesterday. I'm also going to just sit here and dream of another little Hagen arriving soon. Mama is going to be looking HOT in a bikini this summer!

Elated,
Carrie

12 comments:

  1. Oh yay!!! This made my day, Carrie - congratulations! What a wonderful surprise on a cold rainy day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations - what great news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! So super excited for you guys! Congratulations Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie! I am so excited for you and your sweet family! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Carrie! So happy for you....best news to come home to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so out of the loop... I was in shock reading your post from today and clearly had missed this one! Yea Carrie! I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!! So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness!!!!! So excited for you!!!! Yay! I've been waiting for you to post this news!!!! I'll be praying for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete