I went shopping for some new summer duds for the little dude. Now, as most of you know buying my kiddo pants to fit his tiny waist and skinny hiney (just like his Mama) is very hard!
I went though his clothes from last summer and the shorts still fit. Yeah! So that means that I have not had to buy many shorts...just t-shirts. I LOVE funky t-shirts...vintage spider man, older worn out shirts...the latest favorite is "Super Grover"...love it!
Now the main part that I am wanting to say is that his shorts are 6-12 months...yes, you heard that right. My almost 3 year old (OMG) wears 6-12 month shorts and 3T shirts. He is just so little...I love it. I still don't get tired holding him around. He is just so light and little. I can not get enough of cupping his little hiney in my hand before bath...it's that cute and little. Ryan thinks I am obsessed with it, but I can't help it...I have to pinch it, cup it, etc. You would too if you could!
Ryan was out of town so we met a good friend for dinner. We were there for 1 hour and 45 minutes and sweet little boy sat in his highchair the whole time eating chips and hot sauce, mac & Cheese and veggies and dip. We had 3 potty breaks as well. I was so proud as it was dinner with a friend that hasn't seen him in a couple of years. He made sure and lifted his shirt to show that the macaroni was in his belly (we always say that we see through his belly at how much he ate...which isn't too far from the truth).
I told her I was pregnant which was difficult for me. You see, she is going through what I went through in a slightly different way when I was trying to get pregnant with Hagen. We had unexplained infertility (not sure why I couldn't get pregnant)...she has unexplained miscarriages (she had 3 last year). It is always hard to tell someone that is going through that "I'm pregnant". I remember hearing my friends say they are pregnant and I was so happy for them...honestly...but it would just hurt me so bad. I told her I know it is hard to hear...I understood...she was sweet and said she was really excited but yes, it hurts. I don't understand why such good people have trouble having babies.
On other news, my friend that did IVF a few weeks ago...PREGNANT...WITH TWINS!!! Woo Hoo! SO happy for her.
I'm going to go eat a chunk of cookie dough now...
Tata,
Carrie
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love the (just like his Mama) part. Awesome.
ReplyDeleteLainey still wears size 12 month pj pants to bed. No big deal....it's just how they're built!
Can we not say "cup" anymore? That makes me uncomfortable.
So sorry for your friend.....I share your thoughts on babies and pregnancy. Often, those most deserving have the hardest time.
I would carry your baby boy around all day long! Maci is already in 2T pans is yet to be 2. She's got her daddy's build; stocky legs and some junk in the trunk! NOT like her mama, ha!
ReplyDeleteI too am sorry for your friend. I agree with Casey on that.
As for your other sweet friend, that's amazing. Twins! I would FREAK out. :)
Casey, when you come intown next I am going to make you cup Hagen's bum...you will fall in love...I know you will...cup, cup, CUP
ReplyDeleteTessie Mayes can only wear dresses because I can't find pants that fit her long ass legs and tiny waist. And her dresses are 3T or even 4T because they are soooo short! So fun. She is the weight now Bram was at 12 months. No lie.
ReplyDeleteSo happy you're preggers, can't wait to find out what your are having!!
I love that "cupping" makes Casey uncomfortable. She just gave you fuel to say that every chance you get, Miss Carrie! So sad for the friend dealing with infertility. I can only imagine how that must feel--but I am glad she has you to talk to because I know you are sensitive to this subject. Also, SSOOOO excited for Jill! She will be such an amazing mother.
ReplyDelete