There are a few new things going on in the Darney Household that I thought I would share.
Hagen now gets a stamp on his hand for doing morning chores. Now, they are not hard chores by any means, but it is helping me out a lot! Here they are:
1. Takes off his PJ’s
2. Takes off his diaper
3. Puts diaper in trash and PJ’s in laundry basket
4. Puts his breakfast bowl and sippy of milk in the sink when he is done
It is not much, but we are getting there!
***
Another thing he has started doing is helping set the table for dinner. He puts a napkin at everyone’s place and also puts a fork/spoon on the napkin. I’m hoping he will start to actually cook the meal soon as that would be so helpful, but we’ll start with just setting the table.
***
Hagen called me a bad name for the first time the other day. He told me I was a poopie. I just stared at him trying to stifle my laughter in and told him that if he ever said that to ANYONE again he would be in big trouble! Not nice Hagen (funny) but not nice!
***
At nighttime Hagen picks out his PJ’s and his night night diaper. He sets them out ready for when he emerges from his bath. He also puts his Aquifor, vitamins, and lotion all lined up ready to use. It is so cute watching him scramble to get everything all ready. You can actually see his mind going through the mental list in his head. After he puts his dirty clothes in the hamper he goes and picks out his socks and underwear for the next day and sets them in his rocker.
***
A new addition to the routine is that he now picks out MY PJ’s too. I have them stacked in a shelf in my closet. Last night he picked out the polka dots. Really all I have to do is pick out what I want to wear and put them on the lowest shelf on top of the pile and that’s what he will pick out.
***
When we put him to bed now and close the door, you hear, “Mom…Mom…Mom” or if Ryan puts him to bed, “Dad…Dad…Dad”. He doesn’t need anything, it is just a stall tactic. It’s just funny to hear him say Mom or Dad over and over because he doesn’t call us that…It’s Mama or Daddy.
***
One last thing is that Hagen is starting to wake up earlier and earlier. It is now 7:00…it use to be 8:00. He wakes up very thirsty and sits in his bed saying, “I want some Wa…Ter. I want some Wa…Ter” with a long pause between the Wa and the Ter.
Anyway, sorry for the ramblings. I just wanted to remember some things about that sweet baby.
Carrie
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Stall tactics suck.
ReplyDeleteCarter is a pro at them. His is, "I need to tell Mom something."
Good work with your reward system!
Sounds like he's right on track.
ReplyDeleteAnd, I'll assume my daughter is ahead of the game since she's telling me to "Shut up!" instead of simply calling me a "poopie". Damn overachiever.
Poopie! Ha, that's funny. Maci is telling us we are bad girls. All of us. Even the dog. T use to call us meanie heads.
ReplyDeleteI'm laughing at the picture of him in my head calling me "meanie head"!
And he still uses a stall tactic some nights.
My brother called my Mom a dirty nose mouth when he was little! ha!
ReplyDelete