Thursday, April 22, 2010

THE big cousin






Someone had a very special afternoon. I picked him up from school and he immediately asked if we were going to get Noah from school. I told him that we are not and that I have a special thing for him...we were going to meet his new baby cousin Emily! He was so excited!
We went to pick up Pia and we were on our way! He was practically bouncing into the room, walked in by himself and then froze. He didn't want to sit next to Rebecca but I held him and we stood by the bed and looked at Emily. Emily got him a Cars coloring book so he colored a bit, I talked with Rebecca for a bit, and then it was my turn to hold her! Hagen came up to me and looked at her but didn't touch her...it was almost like he was scared of her, which by the way I was expecting.
A bit later I was going to hold her again. I sat in a chair and Hagen said that he wanted to hold baby Emily. I was trying to contain my excitement. I sat down and was trying to figure out how to maneuver his arms to "hold" her without him holding her. He did so good...I was very proud...and I'm glad I was careful because when he was done he was done. He loves her...I love that baby. She is awesome, no cone at all, beautiful, perfect little head, SO little, just adorable.
On the way home I asked him if he liked her. He said no and that she is mean. I asked what she did to be mean. He said that she hit him and she needs to go to time out...when she leaves the hospital...he was serious.
Tata,
Carrie

8 comments:

  1. That is just too darn cute! I just went through the same thing with Maci last night, meeting Kellen for the first time. However she was telling Brad that was "hur babe"! So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is sooo funny!!!!
    you and your sis are twins!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, that's me! With obnoxious hair! I don't have a sister...it is my baby brother's wife who had the baby. There is only room for one daughter in my family...I had no competition and that is how it needed to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie did share her Dad with Merrilee but that's it. She didn't like sharing him with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who is this Carolyn person commenting on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Hagen will have quite an adjustment when baby Darney gets here.

    Love your hair curly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carrie, I can hear your voice right now....who is that Carolyn person? You're a crack-up! That is the truth about your dad--you are one protective daughter(as you should be because your dad is amazing)!!! Love that Hagan thinks the baby needs a time-out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A time out for Emily. Awesome.

    Love Hagen!

    ReplyDelete