Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Emily Grace Robinson

I had the most incredible experience today...one that I will not ever forget.



Adam and Rebecca went into the hospital last night to get induced. I told them that I would stay clear and they can contact me later in the afternoon when they wanted me to come up and bring Noah. I remember when Noah was born that they felt like there were too many people around and so I was going to steer clear. Ryan and I also went to help them after Noah was born and they are on the ball...they need no help. They are very good parents and do not want help...they like to figure it out on their own.



So, Hagen and I took Noah to school, I took Hagen to school and went to work. I sat down, logged in, checked my email, logged out and headed to the hospital. I couldn't stand it! I told Adam I would be in the waiting room and let me know if he or she needed anything. They asked me to come in and I drilled a Adam "Are you sure?" "My feelings will not be hurt" "been there done that...I get it" "I felt like I was stared at like a science experiment" He told me that he would not be asking if she didn't mean it.



She went from a 5 to a 10 in no time! The nurse came in and was checking her machines. Rebecca asked when she is going to check her again and she said there is no need unless she feels pressure. About a minute later she was telling me she needs to go potty...bad. The nurse was like, "well let me check you real quick". Uh, Emily's head was right there! She let me look...it was CRAZY! I mean RIGHT.THERE.



She told me I could stay and take photos. She asked if my mom would want to be in there. I told her she would LOVE to be in there and made sure she was 100% sure...she was...I ran to get mom. So Mom and Adam each got a leg and I was on camera duty! It was unbelievable! If you ever get the opportunity to watch it in person, do it...it is unreal. I was worried about the certain parts picture in my head (just being honest) but you don't even see that...you are so focused on that baby coming out!



She was so tiny...6 pounds 1 ounce and 18 inches long. Has a little hair that is so evenly placed on her tiny head. She MAY have two dimples...



I took Noah up to meet her at 6:00 tonight. It was after Hagen and Noah ate dinner . I was worried about how to sneak out without hurting Hagen. Well, Ryan just told him, "Mama's taking Noah to meet his Baby Sister Emily". Hagen was genuinely hurt. He was SO hurt and wanted to go meet baby Emily and see Aunt Rebecca.



Noah was a bit freaked out at first...but not bad at all! I'm glad...I know that has got to be hard for a new Mom. She was holding Emily and Noah didn't want to sit on the bed. But she gave Emily to Adam and then he did. Before we left he was dancing, kissed her on the head and the mouth, and petted her hard. He was smitten.



What a day...



Ryan is watching some disgusting food show! I'm going to vomit! Seriously it just showed a cupcake with bacon on it. I told him to change or I'm going to vomit...he reminded me that I need to feed this baby...I haven't had dinner yet and it is 8:45! Am I REALLY pregnant?! I don't get it...no appetite!



TATA,

Carrie

7 comments:

  1. Awesome post! What an experience! Glad you got to be there. Congrats to the new family!!
    Poor little Hagen and his hurt feelers.
    I'll never forget when H came in to meet G for the first time--H asked me if I still loved her. I cried and my heart broke. I couldn't stand the fact that she thought I might not love her. Sweet thing!
    Maybe no appetite because you're watching a show that mixes cupcakes and bacon. That's just wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.. how cool! My sisters and mom were there with me and Phillip when Morgan was delivered, and they said the same thing: It was just the most awesome thing. I can't wait until one of them have one so I can be there! Glad you got to be there - I was wondering if you'd go or not. Congrats to Emily's happy family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Alisha, that must have been SO sad to hear! How sweet of H...aww... OK Carrie...dry it up...you are at work...with all guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pure sweetness! That is such a neat experience. I have only been in my own delivery room, but would love to be there for someone else--having a baby is honestly a miracle! So glad your mom got to be there, too--she will always remember that. Too bad another family member was missing....what a loss for him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just amazing! Truly such a special experience you got to share with them, and your mom. I'm sure she was beaming :)

    Congrats on the new niece! It's a great week for Aunt's :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had so many people watching Bram be born. Everyone loved it.

    So glad you got to experience it.

    ReplyDelete